Canon XA 40 Camera - Extreme Pro 170 Memory Card

I just bought the camera because it says it shoots 4K. I searched for the recommended storage cards and the Extreme Pro 170 /128 GB card was the #1 choice! When I hit the record button, it will record for about 2 seconds and then I get an error message and the camera shuts down. It is essentially a speed problem? Why is this card not compatible, when it is being recommended as the #1 choice? When I change the card out and go to a different one - the recording process is fine, but it does not record in 4K.

Hi @gbrewzer,

In order to check the speed of your memory card, we recommend you please use the below software to make a general assessment of your testing.
• To download the software, please refer to the below link:

Windows: CrystalDiskMark
Mac: BlackMagic utility

• Run the file and Install the software by following the installation wizard.
• Once the software is installed, please locate the “CrystalDiskMark Application” icon on the desktop
• Double click the icon and then select the SanDisk memory card in the Device box.
• Run the speed check read & write speed.
• Once this process will complete, share a screenshot of the test results with us on support@sandisk.com
• Disclaimer Notice: Use of Third-Party Software or Websites - Disclaimer Notice: Use of Third-Party Software or Websites