Can anyone help with 2 problems I have please?

Hi all, I am hoping somebody can help me with 2 problems I have with my Fuze+

First time to buy a Sandisk player and and i think its a bit quirky but likeable.

Problem is I am only seeming to get 10-12 hours life out of it, no matter how much I charge it, it never indicates the battery is full, it sounds like a doggy battery to me but I wanted to check if it was normal or not? (I have updated to the latest firmware).

My second question is I just cant seem to get it to read music/playlists from the SD card.

Whenever I plug in my 2GB SD card (Sandisk) it reads it first time, then if I reset the player it no longer finds it, I have tried reformatting it from the player but same things happens. Also when I plug in my 32GB card (also Sandisk) it just tells me it’s loading the card, resets and goes into a loop of checking and reseting!

Thanks for any help given.

Dan

@dannyr wrote:

Problem is I am only seeming to get 10-12 hours life out of it, no matter how much I charge it, it never indicates the battery is full, it sounds like a doggy battery to me but I wanted to check if it was normal or not? (I have updated to the latest firmware).

You neglected to mention how (or how long) you are charging it. Also, without knowing your usage habits; screen brightness and time on settings, how often you skip songs or otherwise turn the screen on, etc. no one can say if that is normal or not.

@dannyr wrote:

My second question is I just cant seem to get it to read music/playlists from the SD card.

Whenever I plug in my 2GB SD card (Sandisk) it reads it first time, then if I reset the player it no longer finds it, I have tried reformatting it from the player but same things happens. Also when I plug in my 32GB card (also Sandisk) it just tells me it’s loading the card, resets and goes into a loop of checking and reseting!

Again, without knowing anything about the playlist you’re using; format or how, and with what you created it, no one here can advise you.

What Class rating is your 32GB card? Anything over Class 4 is unnecessary and problematic.

Hi Tapeworm,

Before I used it I charged it for around 9 hours, usually charge my devices overnight or plug it into a spare USB port at work. I turned the screen  brightness down low and set the power save to around 30 minutes, my usual habit is around 2-3 hours of music a day, and I’ll turn the player off when I finished. I don’t use it for photos or music.

My music is just standard MP3’s (192kbs) I placed around 1.5GB onto the player to test.

The SD cards are just class 4 basic cards, never had problems with them in any other device.

The original playlists I wanted to use are M3U8 (I think!) but I don’t think they are compatible so I just created some using windows media player.

Cheers,

Dan

have u tried a car with smaller capacity?

it might be that up to 16 gb cards up to cl 4 work fine

The accoring to the Fuze+ specs, the device supports up to 32GB, altough I’ve seen users claim to use even higher capacities. Also, the original poster mentioned using both 32GB and 2GB class 4. 

Perhaps you could try using Rockbox, but I can’t guarantee it will make any difference.

@dannyr wrote:

Hi Tapeworm,

Before I used it I charged it for around 9 hours, usually charge my devices overnight or plug it into a spare USB port at work. I turned the screen  brightness down low and set the power save to around 30 minutes.

Dan

Do you typically let it shut off by itself using the power saver? You know, that doesn’t work if the player is playing; it only works if the player is paused. The Sleep timer on the other hand, will shut it off after the pre-determined time you set. You might try changing the power saver to 10 or 15 minutes instead of 30 and see if that helps but frankly, if it’s not paused first so it kicks in, it probably won’t.

@dannyr wrote:

The original playlists I wanted to use are M3U8 (I think!) but I don’t think they are compatible so I just created some using windows media player.

M3U format playlists are unique in that they will not work if the playlist file(s) is stored in the Playlists folder. They must be in the Music folder along with your music. If the music contained in the playlist in on your SD card, then you must place the playlist file in the Music folder on the card, not on the player.

PLA format playlists on the other hand (the kind generated by Windows Media Player), do get stored in the Playlist folder.