broken connection flash deive

The connection on my Cruzer Glide 4gb was bent in moving the CPU and no longer boots, is it possible to fix this or recover the data?

GPH

:smiley:   Hi Ghodes,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Mmm… Well_,_ yes, is possible to fix it, or temporarily make it work, to extract the data.

Depends on how is the connection, between the USB plug and the body of the pendrive. Then, may be re-welded the broken contacts.
This can be done with a small soldering iron “long nose” and low power (~ 20 watts), commonly used in repairs of electronic devices.

My recommendation is to find someone who can do it, a friend, or an electronic repair shop, near his home. _ NOT through internet, you understand me? _

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

:smiley:    Hi Ghodes,

Mmm… Well_,_ yes, is possible to fix it, or temporarily make it work, to extract the data.

Depends on how is the connection, between the USB plug and the body of the pendrive. Then, may be re-welded the broken contacts.
This can be done with a small soldering iron “long nose” and low power (~ 20 watts), commonly used in repairs of electronic devices.

My recommendation is to find someone who can do it, a friend, or an electronic repair shop near his home.

_ NOT through internet, you understand me? _

Regards, Alfred.                                                            (Google translated)

Not sure if there’s anything else that you can do since this is a hardware issue already and you might be paying more and not to mention, the time that will be spent here. I’d buy a new one here. That’s just an option for you.

:smiley:   Hi Ghodes,

My recommendation is to find someone who can do it, a friend, or an electronic repair shop near his home.

_ NOT through internet, you understand me? _