Belt Clip for Sansa Clip $14.99...What a Rip

I lost my clip and called support…they send me to a web site that sells three clips for 14.99. All I want is one and in my opinion they should just send me one or at least give me the option to buy just one.

What a scam

I agree that the price is too high, but I wouldn’t call it a scam. A scam would be if it didn’t work without the clip, but didn’t come with one.

@gwk1967 wrote:
I agree that the price is too high, but I wouldn’t call it a scam. A scam would be if it didn’t work without the clip, but didn’t come with one.

x2

O.K…I agree with your scam scenario. I was just a little ticked off (and still ticked) when I made the post. In my experiences in the past when something like this happens a company would replace the part and if you had to pay anything it would just be shipping.

They used to do that (replace the broken clip) for free, but they were probably so inundated with clip requests, it was too difficult to determine which were legit & faulty and which were customer abuse.

Plus, they were getting a lot of requests from people just wanting to buy one (or more) for spares, or to have when (not if) theirs broke, rather than waiting till it broke before they ordered one.

I aggree, that they should sell them as ‘each’, instead of a 3-pk, but the shipping on one would most likely be the same (or almost) as on 3 and would be more than the cost of the clip itself. It would be nice if you could just pick up one locally froom a brick & mortar store where Sansas are sold, like Walmart, Best Buy or Radio Shack.

They used to do that (replace the broken clip) for free, but they were probably so inundated with clip requests, it was too difficult to determine which were legit & faulty and which were customer abuse.

Plus, they were getting a lot of requests from people just wanting to buy one (or more) for spares, or to have when (not if) theirs broke, rather than waiting till it broke before they ordered one.

I aggree, that they should sell them as ‘each’, instead of a 3-pk, but the shipping on one would most likely be the same (or almost) as on 3 and would be more than the cost of the clip itself. It would be nice if you could just pick up one locally from a brick & mortar store where Sansas are sold, like Walmart, Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Another “edit”, Tape? Or am I losing my marbles? :wink:

It would also be nice if they designed it so they didn’t fall off so easily.

@willne1 wrote:

I’ve seen posts in the past wondering, “how the heck do you remove this thing?”  I had mine for over a month before I even knew it did come off. 

@willne1 wrote:
O.K…I agree with your scam scenario. I was just a little ticked off (and still ticked) when I made the post. In my experiences in the past when something like this happens a company would replace the part and if you had to pay anything it would just be shipping.

Did you check Amazon? 

@gwk1967 wrote:
Another “edit”, Tape? Or am I losing my marbles? :wink:

Huh?

Must be your marbles . . . I didn’t ‘edit’ this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@willne1 wrote:

I’ve seen posts in the past wondering, “how the heck do you remove this thing?”  I had mine for over a month before I even knew it did come off. 

When I bought mine the clip wasn’t installed, I had to put it on myself.  

Conversionbox,

Good idea, but I don’t see anything on Amazon or Ebay.

@willne1 wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@willne1 wrote:

When I bought mine the clip wasn’t installed, I had to put it on myself.  

Conversionbox,

Good idea, but I don’t see anything on Amazon or Ebay.

I thought I saw one on their once. Maybe for a better price on amazon you could find a nice cover with a clip for you. 

I am in that group… how DO you take it off?

Some are very tight at first, and require a great amount of pressure pushing the Clip portion down.

I was wondering, as I sipped my coffee, if I could superglue the metal clip off a tape measure onto the back of a Clip when the original plastic clip finally breaks. The one on my old 2GB Clip has quite a crack in it, where the spring touches the plastic…seems a matter of time before it goes. I figure, maybe then, take the plastic one from my much newer 8GB Clip, put that on the old 2GB, and then maybe attach the metal one to the newer device.

The metal one is not totally flat, but that’s nothing a vise or hammer couldn’t potentially fix. I haven’t used superglue much though, so anyone think it might work?

To the OP…

Are you referring to the plastic slide-in clip that comes with the device?

To the OP… where do you live?  I actually have an extra plastic clip from the first Sansa Clip that I had lost in a department store.  Apparently the clip remained on my belt, and the actual MP3 player fell into a drawer of socks or something.  I didn’t realize it was lost until I left =(

Anyways, I crazy-glued it into my second (current) Sansa clip.  I find that the clip slid out a lot when I went running/biking too.  PM me if you still need one and I’ll double check to make sure that I haven’t thrown it away. 

Thanks… and yes that’s what I’m refering to…PM sent.