battery will not charge

I have a sandisk c240 that will not charge when hooked up to my computer.  When I attach the C240 to the USB port (one in the back) two things happen.  One, the battery charging icon comes on and indicates that the battery is charging.  Secondly, the display shows that the device is “connecting” and “writing”.  The device cycles through this connecting and writing and finally indicates that it is writing.  As soon as this message comes up, the battery icon indicates that the battery is fully charged.  When I disconnect the device, the battery icon indicates that the battery has not charged.  I have replaced the battery.

Any suggestions.

can you try on a different computer or leave it there to charge for an hour or so and see if the battery actually charged.   I think they might have a wrong battery indicator with the firmware that makes you confused.

If you haven’t already, it’s always a good idea to upgrade your firmware with the Sansa Firmware Updater (if one is available for you).

After the firmware update plug the player in to the computer and leave it for 1 to 2 hours.  During this time make sure your computer doesn’t go in to Hibernate or Sleep.  After charging for an hour or two check it again and see if it charged.

Thanks.  I have tried to charge the device on 3 different computers.  Total charging time over the past 2 days has been in excess of 12 hours. 

I will try to figure out what firmware is and attempt to get it onto this device.

Thank you

The Sansa Firmware Updater can be found at the link below:

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376