battery dying faster than normal

I have had a Sansa clip MP3 player 2GB for about 8 months now and have’nt had a problem until now… I wear at the gym and on a normal charge it last’s for a good week or so…  But now after i charge it and turn it on it’s just about dead in just under an hour… And how many songs can i store in it’s memory

@tommymo28 wrote:
I have had a Sansa clip MP3 player 2GB for about 8 months now and have’nt had a problem until now… I wear at the gym and on a normal charge it last’s for a good week or so…  But now after i charge it and turn it on it’s just about dead in just under an hour… And how many songs can i store in it’s memory

An eight-month old Clip shouldn’t have a battery problem like that.  Either you have a defective unit, or it’s been damaged, or it’s not being charged properly.

The number of songs you can store on your Clip depend on how long the songs are, and their bitrate and format.  As the Clip’s advertising indicates, if your songs are in MP3 format, average about 4 minutes long, and have a 128 kbps bitrate, you’ll probably get about 500 songs stored.  You can tell the format and bitrate using any music manager program, such as Windows Media Player.