Audiobooks

I am a newbie.  I am so confused when it comes to using these things.  I am trying to put audiobooks on my MP3 but don’t really understand how to do it.  It said to change the genre to audiobooks but I don’t know where to find it to change it.  It certainly isn’t on my mp3 player.  Please help a poor confused person.

@cchaz2 wrote:
I am a newbie.  I am so confused when it comes to using these things.  I am trying to put audiobooks on my MP3 but don’t really understand how to do it.  It said to change the genre to audiobooks but I don’t know where to find it to change it.  It certainly isn’t on my mp3 player.  Please help a poor confused person.

Have you tried copying the audiobook to the Audiobooks folder on the Fuze?    If not try this.  Mp3Tag adds meta data to each mp3/ogg file.  Depending on the source of the audiobook this may have been done already or it may not be necessary.  Try this first.

If you do have problems with the Audiobook then here are some tips off the top of my head.

If the audiobook chapters don’t play in order.   Use a tag editor like Mp3Tag to fill in the Track numbers for each file.   number them in order.   track 1… Then track 2   etc.   so they play in order.

if you want the chapter/author or book title to appear.    Then use a tag editor like MP3Tag to fill in the Title (chapter/section number) and Artist (author), and Album (bookname) and while your at it, check the Track numbers , that they are in order and change the Genre to Audiobook.

To make changes with mp3tag,  you do this to the audiobook on your computer before transferring the files to the Fuze.

As long as the book is loaded in the Audiobooks folder on the Fuze, you don’t need to set the Genre.  But it won’t hurt to do so.

For more detailed instructions on using mp3tag try:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/help/

or

Goggling the net, or Sandisk forum for “Audiobook tags” or MP3Tag.

:)  hope this helps

Message Edited by niko_sama on 01-27-2009 08:55 AM