Audio jack problem with e250

I have been using my e250 sansa for about 6 months and it has been working perfectly fine until just a few days ago. When I play any audio, I only hear it on the right side of my headphones. At first I thought it was just the headphones but I used another pair and I got the same result. I then used the headphones with my computer and the audio could be heard on both sides, so it is the jack on the sansa with the problem.

I googled the problem but I found some pages where you have to open up your sansa and fix it. I don’t know if that could damage my player. Any information regarding this is greatly appreciated.

If the unit is still under warranty, attempting to fix the loose headphone connection could void the warranty.  If it’s still under warranty connact Sansa Support for assistance.

If it’s under warranty, contact them immediately.

Otherwise, have a read:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=19757

I had mine for about 1 WEEK and had the same problem.  I just returned mine.  As the others said, it’s still under warranty.  RETURN IT!!

My e250 did the same thing after two months or so.  I’ve been using it for 8 months with the problem.  I got it to work by wiggling the headphones jack.  It’s not the headphones either.  I got it on Amazon. How do/can I return it?

Thanks!

fencerdragon wrote:

My e250 did the same thing after two months or so.  I’ve been using it for 8 months with the problem.  I got it to work by wiggling the headphones jack.  It’s not the headphones either.  I got it on Amazon. How do/can I return it?

Thanks!

I doubt you can at this point. The headphone jack was the Achilles Heel of the e200 series player. Other than the faulty/poorly soldered joints and inadequate physical support of the internal jack, this player was built like the proverbial Sherman tank.

It is still my favorite of all the Sansa line of mp3 players. I think at last count I have 5 of them in various memory and version configurations.

Or is it 6? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help.  One more question: I’ve heard of a serial # beneath the battery.  It’s there right?  I’m kinda leery of opening the little guy up.  Things I open up don’t usually get back together.  I was going to try and use that to dig something up, possibly.

Well, maybe not just one question.  How many of your six sansas have fallen prey to this problem?  Does the problem get better/worse in the e280/270? Do you have a fuze?  If so, what is your view on it?

Thank you for your time.

That’s correct; the serial number is on a sticker located underneath the battery on the e200 series. No worries about opening it up; that’s what the 4 screws on the back is for. :wink:

If you’re really adventurous, you could even dis-assemble it a bit further and re-solder the headphone jack connections and reinforce the jack suppot within the case. Here’s a post with detailed directions (and photo links )from AutobahnSHO that expains how he did it.

fencerdragon wrote:
Thanks for the help.  One more question: I’ve heard of a serial # beneath the battery.  It’s there right?  I’m kinda leery of opening the little guy up.  Things I open up don’t usually get back together.  I was going to try and use that to dig something up, possibly.

That’s correct; the serial number is on a sticker located underneath the battery on the e200 series. No worries about opening it up; that’s what the 4 screws on the back is for. :wink:

If you’re really adventurous, you could even dis-assemble it a bit further and re-solder the headphone jack connections and reinforce the jack support within the case. Here’s a post with detailed directions (and photo links )from AutobahnSHO that expains how he did it.

fencerdragon wrote:

Well, maybe not just one question.  How many of your six sansas have fallen prey to this problem?  Does the problem get better/worse in the e280/270? Do you have a fuze?  If so, what is your view on it?

None (knock on wood), but then I read about this issue long ago here on the forum shortly after I got my 1st e260 and have one of these or these connected to all of them to save wear, tear and stress on the fragile jack.

Just my own personal opinion, but I think the problem is more severe in the v1 models rather than the v2’s, but the memory size is irrelevant (e250, e260, e270, e280).

I had a Fuze, but it was ‘borrowed’ by my (adult) daughter when she dropped her iPod into an aquarium. She must like it, 'cause I haven’t seen it back and she hasn’t got another pod to replace it yet. The Fuze is a good little machine, with some nice firmware features that were never added to the e200 series before it was dropped. 

Thanks so much!!  I’ll see what I can do!