Anyone transfer a new digital movie from major studio recent release?

Some new dvd releases are coming out in special editions with a “digital copy” that are supposedly easy to transfer to a portable player such as the Fuze. (Hellboy II, Wall-E and The Dark Knight to name a few.)

If anyone has done this successfully, let us know how EASY was it. Did you have to use SMC? How much memory does a full length movie take up?

I caved in and bought the new Sandisk 16g microsdhc card from Amazon for $70 with shipping and a SD adapter and USB 2.0 reader/connector. I am hoping to put my two 8gig cards to good use (adding some of these digital copy movies.) I am stoked about getting the huge capacity card. No more swamping and refreshing with all my music available in a snap and have room to add about another 120 albums, that would give me several years of growth!

Sorry Nano users! The Fuze expands forever, into the future! 

Message Edited by bobletteross on 11-13-2008 12:07 PM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 11-13-2008 03:58 PM

what’s SMC?

I’d also like to know how reliable the transfer is for the digital copies.  I could never get my digital copy of HP&TOTP (Order of the Phoenix) to transfer.  I want to get a SanDisk player and am hoping it’ll be more reliable.

SMC Sansa Media Converter and the link to the board for more info.

I haven’t tried the new digital movies yet.  I thought they were just for ipods or maybe they’re MP4?  Plus they cost twice as much or even more.  I’ve just coverted my own, so right now I haven’t looked even closely at them.

I would be interested to see if they work for Fuze too. 

I still haven’t tried these type of movies.  Anyone else try these?

My cpoy of Dark Knight is under the tree right now… I made sure I bought mayself (Though my GF is giving it to me) the copy with the digital copy just to transfer to my fuze… I will know tomorrow night. Ill let you know as soon as I do.

@conversionbox wrote:
My cpoy of Dark Knight is under the tree right now… I made sure I bought mayself (Though my GF is giving it to me) the copy with the digital copy just to transfer to my fuze… I will know tomorrow night. Ill let you know as soon as I do.

I am dying to see that movie! Although I have trouble imagining how it would be on a 1.9" screen, I wish you luck on your

“conversion” to the Fuze:stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, I had to say it! :smileyvery-happy:

Ironically thats how I got the name. In high school I started converting movie files for my friends to put on their iPods and stuff so I dont mind the Pun. AS TO the Dark Knight Definitally see it I saw it 4 times the first week, and played a viral game that led me to get prescreening tix for the Imax. It was so Worth it. I am not worried about screen size. Im only gonna put it on my fuze to try. It will wind up on My connect, the screen is a little bigger.

@conversionbox wrote:
Ironically thats how I got the name. In high school I started converting movie files for my friends to put on their iPods and stuff so I dont mind the Pun. AS TO the Dark Knight Definitally see it I saw it 4 times the first week, and played a viral game that led me to get prescreening tix for the Imax. It was so Worth it. I am not worried about screen size. Im only gonna put it on my fuze to try. It will wind up on My connect, the screen is a little bigger.

I almost bought it the other day, but I’m holding out hope that I get it for X-mas. I already own and love Batman Begins so I’ve eagerly awaited this one:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

I almost bought it the other day, but I’m holding out hope that I get it for X-mas. I already own and love Batman Begins so I’ve eagerly awaited this one:smiley:

I hope you do too… Its totally awesome. I cant wait for the next one.

Every digital copy I’ve heard of (including Dark Knight) is in a DRM-protectedcrippled format that only plays on iTunes & iPods.

@bdb wrote:

Every digital copy I’ve heard of (including Dark Knight) is in a DRM-protectedcrippled format that only plays on iTunes & iPods.

The iFascists strike again!

@bdb wrote:

Tht has been the case but note my name Conversionbox. I have the technology to get around the DRMs. Plus if I understand correctly they are changing the DRM

@conversionbox wrote:

That has been the case but note my name Conversionbox. I have the technology to get around the DRMs.

So are you saying you’ve converted DRM-protected iTunes video?

I can name myself Superman, but that won’t make me faster than a speeding bullet.:wink:

@bdb wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

That has been the case but note my name Conversionbox. I have the technology to get around the DRMs.

So are you saying you’ve converted DRM-protected iTunes video?

I can name myself Superman, but that won’t make me faster than a speeding bullet.:wink:

Yup… Check your Private messages…

How does one do this DRM removal. I have Constantine digital copy, started playing it once in X64 Windows with MP 11. Had to leave for a while, and every time I tried it since it tells me MP is installed wrong, reinstall media player. I reinstalled 10 and 11, each giving me the same error message. Then I tried playing with 32 bit Windows XP on the same computer (dual boot) and I get a DRM message that I am a bad boy. :wink: The DRM link in the message gives some options, but essentially tells me the unlock code may only be used once. Be aware that there is a time limitation on when you need to have installed to your PC with the unlock code or it is forever gone.

Message Edited by Sgthawker on 12-24-2008 01:27 AM

There is a software… Thats all I can say… I wrote it… I probably should clarify one point… My method is untested on a Digital copy of a DVD but it works with DRM on other itunes exclusives

try the latest DVDFab HD Decrypter; freeware. Convert to mp4, then whatever (ie SMC, WinAVI) to get it on the Fuze. for personal use only of course :>). I haven’t done any conversions yet cuz of the time required (plus SMC does not work on my 2 systems). I just backup my copies of DVDs for PERSONAL use.

Message Edited by noki on 12-24-2008 04:16 AM

Huge Major Developement… While my Copy of TDK was itunes DRM protected, (I will be playing with the conversion process to get it on my fuze) My Copy of Hancock Came wth a Digital Copy which Is in PSP Format This I know I can put on the fuze. So When you go out and buy try to look for the PSP format

OK So I know I said this would come sooner but… My Copy of The Dark Knight was itunes DRM protected. I ran it thru my process of conversion to remove the drm but I cannot sync it to my fuze mainly because I got like 200 new songs for Christmas and I dont wanna delete them. I will attempt to put it on my connect tomorrow (Same Process as the Fuze) and see what happens.

Besides the Dark Knight which people couldn’t convert (see  http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=12483&query.id=265820#M12483 ) have others had success with these?