Another battery question

Hello guys,

I’ve received sansa fuze 4GB. My battery is almost full and in the instructions I have read that I have to charge it fully. I remember when charging my mobile for the first time I have to discharge it fully (the battery should be empty) and then charge it, but here there is “charge it fully prior to first use”. What should I do?

And how long aprx. (via USB) will this last?

Thanks! 

Charge it till it says its full then use it. Dont worry about running it down. Its a different battery type so you dont really need that.

Ok, thank you! :slight_smile:

And it means that it is not necessart to be fully empty so that I can charge it (I mean in principle)?

Btw, what is the different part in this battery? As far as I know the meaning of leaving a battery till it’s empty and then charge it (when it for the first time) it’s that the cells inside should order in some specific way (sth like that). 

No It does not need to be completely empty. By different I meant that it is a different “type” of battery from your cell phone, probably. Most cell phones are lithium ion batteries, the fuze is a Lithium-Polymer. Basically Ions have “Memory” so you have to run it dead to start out. The Polymer does not. 

Thanks again for the explanation! :) 

Well, I never really do charge it all the way, I just charge it when the battery is low, and the next day, I usually unplug it, no matter what battery charge it has.

Is this something that I should be aware of? Like, charge it, or your Fuze will have a dead battery?

@pringles wrote:

Well, I never really do charge it all the way, I just charge it when the battery is low, and the next day, I usually unplug it, no matter what battery charge it has.

Is this something that I should be aware of? Like, charge it, or your Fuze will have a dead battery?

Not really. You do what is best for you. I would suggest that when you first open the fuze you plug it in and let it charge up, then its all you. I let mine charge to 100 % only because then I can go 2 days with out charging.