After firmware update is there anything else to do to for libraries over 5000 songs?

I tried several things from reading all the forums pages… lots of good info… 

I did the firmware update and I don’t think the fuze is reading the songs on the 16gb card.  It reads a few…I can see them all in windows but not on the fuze. I looked in msc mode and mpt mode. I downloaded mp3tag and all the tags are ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1.

I also deleted one group of songs and set the fuze to msc mode and by passed wmp11 and thru my documents dragged the files directly to the 16gb card…way easier that wpm11 with the synch thing.

Once it refreshed media…I couldn’t access them on the fuze…it’s like they’re not there. Yet I can look in my documents and see the all the files on the 16gb card.

I also did this : in MSC mode, try deleting the file mtable.sys in the root directory. 

I was reading this below from the update firmware page and my question is probably dumb…and i am new to this forum.

I can see thru windows that i have around 5800 songs on the fuze and memory card. Most are on the 8gb fuze.    What more do I format like it says below for libraries larger than 4000 files?

Song database supports up to 8000 songs (requires device format through settings menu for libraries larger than 4000 files)

Thanks for your help

@joyfulone wrote:

I was reading this below from the update firmware page and my question is probably dumb…and i am new to this forum.

I can see thru windows that i have around 5800 songs on the fuze and memory card. Most are on the 8gb fuze.    What more do I format like it says below for libraries larger than 4000 files?

Song database supports up to 8000 songs (requires device format through settings menu for libraries larger than 4000 files)

Thanks for your help

In the settings menu, go to System Settings, and scroll down to where it says Format. That is what the sentence “Song database supports up to 8000 songs (requires device format through settings menu for libraries larger than 4000 files)” refers to. Using this Format command will erase all the songs on your Fuze, so make sure they are still on your computer first…but in addition to erasing the songs on the Fuze, it optimizes the Fuze memory somehow to allow for the 8000 songs, as opposed to the 4000 it supported before. Once it is complete,make sure you’re in MSC mode, and drag and drop all your songs back on, and everything should be fine. Good luck! :smiley:

Thank you so much…it worked. love my fuze

love msc mode and drag and drop is so much easier than wmp 11

mp3tag awesome

thanks for having so much info and help here on this forum.

yeah i borrowed your smiley faces :smileyvery-happy:

@joyfulone wrote:

Thank you so much…it worked. love my fuze

love msc mode and drag and drop is so much easier than wmp 11

mp3tag awesome

thanks for having so much info and help here on this forum.

yeah i borrowed your smiley faces :smileyvery-happy:

Congrats on your success! The Fuze is a wonderful little device…I’ve had mine since September.