4GB MicroSDHC only showing 1GB capacity :(

title says it all.  it’s a new card, new Connect.  Done a factory reset…anyone else seen this before?

I suggest reformatting the expansion card using a card reader with your PC .

Message Edited by GnisiBrianJ25us on 01-27-2008 11:50 PM

thx, that’s good advice, but sadly my computer isn’t equipped to handle the high-capacity cards. :(  I will take a look at the firmware tho, and see if i can’t get it up to a version that can…

Your computer can’t handle the card?  It should show up as a removable disk under My Computer, just like a USB thumb drive.

plugged into the Connect and w/ the USB cord, I can see it as a 0.99GB Expansion card. :frowning:

I think I might just have to eat my loss and go get another card…

you should prbably contact whoever you bought it from and give him a good beating

Message Edited by Enigma on 01-30-2008 05:27 PM

Make sure that your Connect has the latest firmware, as easy as connecting to a wireless network and streaming for about 10 to 15 minutes and the player should update itself to the latest firmware version, But the easiest way to tell is going into the menu and looking at the Pictures and seeing if it is listed as Pictures or Pictures and Videos.

Once the firmware is updated and up to date, the Connect shoud support the Micro Sd Hc with no problems.

As far as the PC not reading it… as long as the PC is up to date, the PC should read it. 

If we put cards into devices that do not support High Capacities, it will ask us to format it and what it can do is split the card down to a size it can read… ergo, 1 gig seen and then 3 unused.

At which point , if that is the case , The card will need to be reformatted and partitioned on a system that can merge the split sections of the card and then the Connect should see all 4 gigs.

I hope this has been of help.

Lj

thx LowJack.

My computer is a few years old and I’ve read that most computers that aren’t like, within the last year won’t support SDHC, so your explanation seems quite likely to me.  Now, I just need to find a high-capacity card reader on a computer that supports high-capacity SD cards…:slight_smile:

I had the same problem with my sdhc card and I purchased a Sandisk mobilemate card reader and formatted the card and it worked in my connect just fine , I also found a MS hot patch at this link that took care of the problem of my laptop card reader recognizing my card.    http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/219/adding-sdhc-support-for-windows-with-your-old-sd-card-reader/