Wonder whey there isn't a 16, 32 or 64 gig Fuze?

I’m always maxing out my 8+16. 

With Sandisk being in the memory business, you think they would feature large ammounts of internal memory.

Seems that SanDisk lost interest in the Fuze just about the time the 16GB cards started becoming affordable. Sooner or later, I would guess they would increase the capacity in the Fuze+, but that’s really a whole different device, and not for the better.

Some other company may be smarter.

@black_rectangle wrote:

Seems that SanDisk lost interest in the Fuze just about the time the 16GB cards started becoming affordable. Sooner or later, I would guess they would increase the capacity in the Fuze+, but that’s really a whole different device, and not for the better.

Some other company may be smarter.

Like Cowon for instance? They have a 32GB J3 model with a card slot, allowing for 64GB total memory. Too bad it has a touch screen interface (looks like an iPhone, yuck) and costs $279. :dizzy_face:

@blackdog_sansa wrote:

I’m always maxing out my 8+16. 

With Sandisk being in the memory business, you think they would feature large ammounts of internal memory.

It really is too bad. I have a Fuze 8+16, a Clip+ 8+16, and another Clip+8 right now…but even when I had my rockboxed 32GB Mini, that wasn’t enough space for everything I would have wanted to add…I stil had to make decisions on what to leave off when I filled that! I’m really not sure how much space I would need…I mean, my MP3 folder on the computer is 80GB, but some of them I almost never listen to, so what would my magic number be, 40GB, 64GB?

Then again, I’d rather have a Fuze, as is, than a Fuze+, even if the Fuze+ had 32GB vs. the 8GB of the Fuze. I had a player with touch controls last year, and it drove me nuts! I never had a player with better sound than that Samsung Q2 until I rockboxed my Sansas. My dream Sansa would be a 32GB Clip+ with a slot, with the same hardware other than the memory so rockbox would still run on it. :smiley: I may get a 32GB card at tax time, depending on how greedy Uncle Sam is this spring.:dizzy_face:

And Tape, that J3 isn’t just a touchscreen, it does also have buttons too for all the essential controls for on-the-go use. :wink:

I would love a Fuze with 32 or 64gb, preferably 64. I have an 8+16 setup up now, but it’s just not big enough. I have the 16gb card set up with the “must have” stuff that never leaves the player, but I am constantly swapping the internal 8gb with other stuff. I would like something big enoug to load up most everything I would want with any regularity.

After monitoring the Fuze+ forum, I can’t say that would be what I’d want, at this point the term I would use for that is “disaster”.

@rickw wrote:

… I have the 16gb card set up with the “must have” stuff that never leaves the player, …

I don’t get it.  I have 4 + 4, with 6 used and I’m wondering how long it’s going to take to get through them all.  You guys must listen 24/7 to need that much space/that many songs.

Bob

@bob_engelhardt wrote:

@rickw wrote:

… I have the 16gb card set up with the “must have” stuff that never leaves the player, …

I don’t get it.  I have 4 + 4, with 6 used and I’m wondering how long it’s going to take to get through them all.  You guys must listen 24/7 to need that much space/that many songs.

Bob

I usually listen in “shuffle all” mode, but I don’t swap out tunes all that often, unless I get something new…then I have to decide what to remove to make room for it. If I could just upgrade one of my 16GB cards to a 32GB, I’d probably be content…have the 32 in my Fuze as my home jukebox, keep the 16 in my Clip+ for a slimmed-down travel selection, and I’d be good to go!:smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

Like Cowon for instance? They have a 32GB J3 model with a card slot, allowing for 64GB total memory. Too bad it has a touch screen interface (looks like an iPhone, yuck) and costs $279. :dizzy_face:

The Cowon J3 is their newest model, so the price should go down with time.  What gets me is the difference in price between the various storage capacities.  To upgrade from 8gb to a 16gb is a $30 difference and there’s a $50 difference to go from 16gb to 32gb.  That’s outrageous.   A 16gb card is sold for about $25 nowadays so the difference in price should be much lower for another 16gb of internal storage.

@bob_engelhardt wrote:

Bob

Personally, having a ton of storage is not about listening to everything in my music collection all the time.  It’s about having as much of it as I can fit on my player, so that when I want to listen to jazz or rock or classical, whatever it may be, it’s there on my player and I wouldn’t have to keep deleting and adding music onto my player.

@mags1230 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

The Cowon J3 is their newest model, so the price should go down with time.  What gets me is the difference in price between the various storage capacities.  To upgrade from 8gb to a 16gb is a $30 difference and there’s a $50 difference to go from 16gb to 32gb.  That’s outrageous.   A 16gb card is sold for about $25 nowadays so the difference in price should be much lower for another 16gb of internal storage.

That’s similar to the price difference between the SanDisk 16GB card (I have two) and the SanDisk 32GB card, isn’t it? That price difference is outrageous too, don’t you think? :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

That’s similar to the price difference between the SanDisk 16GB card (I have two) and the SanDisk 32GB card, isn’t it? That price difference is outrageous too, don’t you think? :wink:

I hadn’t considered that in my outrage…lol…I’ve been checking the prices every so often on the 32gb card and it’s good to see that the price is still slowly going lower and lower.

@bob_engelhardt wrote:

Bob

Several reasons for it. I, like someone else mentioned, used shuffle all the time. Typically I shuffle by genre, metal one day, rock, another, country when my wife is with me, and so on. So more music means less repetiion.

Also, I just like having the option of listen to my “most liked” albums when I want to. Moods vary constantly, never know what I will want when I leave work. Could be Simon & Garfunkel one day, could be Opeth another. My album collection is about 800 cds or so, I can fit may 250 of those, or less if I include random playlists, on the player. While there are many I don’t listen to regularly, that is still a small part of the total.

I despise the thought, but someday I may give in to the iPod monster just to get that 160gb hard drive. I don’t really want to buy Apple, or a hard drive based player, but I do like all that space.

Also, if you have many FLAC files, you’re burning memory fast.

And, let’s not forget that this thing accepts photos and vids too.  Photos aren’t using up much space but those videos sure do.