Volume Glitch?

Umm sorry if I’m bugging…I just wanted to know if there was any answer to this weird glitch Im having with the volume…err umm well it not like its crazy annoying, it only happend to me twice, I just wanted to know why it does this sometime. Anyways here’s what happen. I went into the album thing to listen to an album then I picked a song to play…and all of a sudden the volume starts going all the way up by itslef and I can’t pause the song or change it. Any clue why this happens? it only happen twice, I still <3 my fuze though lol I’ll never hate this sansa fuze I love it.

Definitely not ‘normal behavior’. Keep and eye on it (or ear actually). If it happens again, or with any regualrity, I’d call Tech Support. You’ll probably have to get a new one.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=2621&query.id=140736#M2621

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=2554&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I’ve had the exact same problem and it seems I’m not alone. Probably not too many units have this problem judging by the low responses and threads discussing this, but mine along with a few others in the threads above seem to have it.

I sure hope sansa can do something about this.

Today i went back to the shop were i bought this player. And i’d get a new one. So Hopefully i’m not facing this problem again.

2nd Player. And nothing changed. Think i’m going back to the store and ask my money back.:cry:

@greed wrote:
Umm sorry if I’m bugging…I just wanted to know if there was any answer to this weird glitch Im having with the volume…err umm well it not like its crazy annoying, it only happend to me twice, I just wanted to know why it does this sometime. Anyways here’s what happen. I went into the album thing to listen to an album then I picked a song to play…and all of a sudden the volume starts going all the way up by itslef and I can’t pause the song or change it. Any clue why this happens? it only happen twice, I still <3 my fuze though lol I’ll never hate this sansa fuze I love it.

Since there isn’t a solution, maybe someone could help troubleshoot this.   Be sure your Fuze firmware is the latest version.   Also it would be helpful to format, and perform a reset all.    Then load on the album you have noticed this.    If it happens again, i’d like to know if there is a way to get a copy of the music track that it happened on.  We need a way to repoduce the issue.

Cheers

There is a known issue similar to what you describe that is being worked on for release in a future firmware update. The volume increase though is very short; more like a burst. The fact that your situation is different and that it occurs on 2 different units might prompt you to examine the files that it is happening on. Does it happen with the same tracks, or can you reproduce the effect with any regularity? This would be helpful if the problem can be isolated so a cause and/or fix can be suggested or worked on.

@miss26 wrote:
2nd Player. And nothing changed. Think i’m going back to the store and ask my money back.:cry:

You were able to reproduce this volumne glitch on a second Fuze?     Is there a particular song that it happened, or was it random?

Cheers

well… Its was Random… I’m trying my 3rd player now… You never know on witch song or when its gonna happen.

hopefully there’s coming a firmwire update soon so I can Listen to my music again:neutral_face:

You never know if, or when its gonna happen. Its a complete surprise, But most of the times it happends when i turn my volume up en then push directly the button for the next song. I’ts happening to diffrent songs and i have the latest firmwire update.

@miss26 wrote:

You never know if, or when its gonna happen. Its a complete surprise, But most of the times it happends when i turn my volume up en then push directly the button for the next song. I’ts happening to diffrent songs and i have the latest firmwire update.

Now this sounds farmilliar. This was reported right after this FW was released (If I remember right). The solution was just not to do that. I know that sounds kinda stupid but what was suggested was to turn it up and then wait a couple seconds and then advance the song (As opposed to turning it up and then advancing in the same second). I havent heard this in a while. I hope for your sake that it gets fixed. 

Conversionbox wrote:

Now this sounds farmilliar. This was reported right after this FW was released (If I remember right). The solution was just not to do that.

[Patient] “Doctor, Doctor . . . it hurts when I do that!”

[Doctor] “Then don’t do that! That will be $50. Pay the receptionist on your way out.”

:smileyvery-happy:     :stuck_out_tongue:     :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry CB , couldn’t help myself.

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Now this sounds farmilliar. This was reported right after this FW was released (If I remember right). The solution was just not to do that.

[Patient] “Doctor, Doctor . . . it hurts when I do that!”

[Doctor] “Then don’t do that! That will be $50. Pay the receptionist on your way out.”

:smileyvery-happy:     :stuck_out_tongue:     :smileyvery-happy:

Sorry CB , couldn’t help myself.

I expect nothing less… Can I get that $50 fee for my response? Ill take it!

My Fuze does that same glitch.

It only happens when I switch songs (hit the next button), besides that I can’t find a pattern.  It’s never the same songs or anything.  When it does glitch, the volume goes all the way up for a few seconds, can’t pause or hit next song.  It’s very annoying, especially at work when I have my music on at low volume, makes me jump everytime.

I thought for awhile that maybe I hit the volume as I hit the next song (like if I hit next and accidentaly turn the wheel at the same time).  But I can’t just reproduce this glitch.  I try to purposely turn the wheel as I hit next but it doesn’t do anything.

So I don’t know what the problem is but it is very annoying.  

This is a serious problem, Sansa has to fix this really quick. In the meantime I would encourage all those that have that problem to downgrade the firmware. Also it could be smart to gather information about this problem. In particular it might be of interest, which file format (mp3?) is used when the problem occours, what encoder was used, and if the files use replaygain. This problem might have to do with a fix introduced in the .22 firmware version, where the lineout always has full volume. Maybe this “setting to full volume” gets triggered somehow in a situation its not supposed to.

whoops, umm yah I think someone asked to see if it happened on the same song or if it was a random song. um it happens on random songs. When I turn off the player and turn it back on and select the same song it happened to before it wont do it again. it’s just random I guess. I can wait untill this gets fixed it doesn’t really bug me since it happens very little, if it happens every once in a while like every song then I’d be annoyed :, but it doesn’t :D.

hahah, this actually happened again last night when I was listening to music in bed…and all of a sudden the volume went all the way up, scared the c**p out of me :dizzy_face:. I gota keep track of what songs it does it to and see if it does it again lol.

Message Edited by Greed on 02-13-2009 10:58 AM

Hi - sorry to jump on your thread, but would you mind letting me know how loud max volume is with this glitch?  Getting a Fuze, but I use etymotic earphones that go inside my ears - so slightly concerned that if my Fuze glitches it would literally be painful…

Ah the glitch just happened again!

Jon_m, I also use in ear headphones (Sennheiser CX-400 and Bose in ear headphones - and I also use circumaural headphones home).  Loud is pretty loud but I wouldn’t say it’s “painful” (of course this will depend on the headphones you use).  Right now I’m at work and the volume is at about 1/4.  It’s extremely annoying when it jumps to full volume like that, makes me jump.

It’s not unbarable though it certainly is not comfortable.  

It doesn’t stop me from using my Fuze but it is extremely annoying and it better be fixed eventually.

As for finding a pattern as to when it happens.   It only happens when I change songs manually.  Sometimes I will hit the next button and the sound jumps up, other time it goes to the next song like it should.

Besides that, I can’t find any other patterns. 

Thanks. Happened briefly the first time I was playing with Fuze, and haven’t been able to recreate.

Like the player, bar the lack of gapless playback…

I have this issue with my fuze as well. I’m running the latest firmware and it happens randomly. The volume only skyrockets in between tracks. This is especially annoying if you use your fuze with an amplifier. Also quite annoying when plugging your fuze into speakers. It’s like instant earth quake.