Unknown Album [Tech Problem]

Hi, i sync the player via Windows Media Player, and when i play some songs i see the word “Unknown” where the album name supposed to be. When i checked the song in WMP i see the real album name.
I contacted Sansa support and followed their instructions and the problem continues (they told me to check if the id3 tags are properly edited, resync and do a firmware update).

Can anyone help? tnx, Itzik.

Product : Sansa Clip 8GB 

While you can edit some ID3 tag fields in WMP, MP3Tag is much better at it. It could also be that the tag is in a format that Sansa mp3 players do (or can) not read very well. In the Tools menu of Mp3Tag set it to write ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 as the default.

Open your files in the program, and then hit the SAVE button. This should re-write the tag to the new format. Then the world should be a happy place. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

While you can edit some ID3 tag fields in WMP, MP3Tag is much better at it. It could also be that the tag is in a format that Sansa mp3 players do (or can) not read very well. In the Tools menu of Mp3Tag set it to write ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 as the default.

In my experience, sometimes even this doesn’t work. I have some mp3s that display just fine in iTunes and on an iPod, but either the album or artist tag or both show up as “Unknown” on my Clip v2 with the latest firmware and with the tags as ISO-8859-1, ID3v2.3. It’s just flaky that way sometimes. :expressionless:

Can you explain to me exacly where is the mp3tag tool menu?

OnlyOneBite wrote:
Can you explain to me exacly where is the mp3tag tool menu?

Right between Tag Sources and Help in the Menu Bar (top left). there’s also an icon for it. It looks like a wrench & screwdriver (tools). :wink:

Manu bar where? WMP?

MP3Tag is separate tag editing software.  It is freeware available on the web.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/