Hey I can’t subscribe.
Trying a second post in case it helps.
Hey I can’t subscribe.
Trying a second post in case it helps.
The Sandisk Extreme is also my first SSD. I have serious regrets now because of the broken TRIM issue. I really find SanDisk’s lack of response frustrating considering other brands (Kingston and Corsair) have already issued firmware updates to their products a few weeks ago. I would not be surprised at all if the aforementioned are quicker to release 5.0.4 before SanDisk. I’ll be looking to other brands for my next SSD for sure.
This guy is telling that TRIM actually works, but is slow in FW 5.02.
I am also waiting anxiously for a resolution of this TRIM issue before my SSD fills up.
I can’t understand why SanDisk isn’t offering any comment to customers other than a terse “aware of the issue”. This has seriously damaged their brand reputation in my mind. Prior to this my general image of Sandisk was that of a premium brand offering superior quality, a little higher in price but generally worth it. Now I’ll think twice before buying another SanDisk product, and I certainly won’t be recommending the brand. And it’s all so unnecessary! All SanDisk had to say was “We’ve recently become aware of the problem, we apologize to customers that it wasn’t discovered during product testing, and we’ve improved our test procedures. We’re working with LSI Sandforce to fix it as soon as possible, and we’ll release a firmware update as soon as we feel that it’s ready”. Is that so hard? The way SanDisk is handling this now leaves the impression that they are only embarrassed that they got caught selling a defective product and they wish everyone would just forget about it, but they won’t hesitate to do the same thing again.
I am pretty sure they have already admitted to the issue and have said a fix will be released as soon as it has been qualified. From what I understand they are in the process of qualing 5.0.4 now and once finished it will be released.
Also you guys should take a look at the posts from bad_machine. trim is actually working along with garbage collection however it is just not as optimized as it could be. If your pc has idle time you should be fine until the next firmware is released.
@drlucky wrote:
I am pretty sure they have already admitted to the issue and have said a fix will be released as soon as it has been qualified. From what I understand they are in the process of qualing 5.0.4 now and once finished it will be released.
Link?
I’m aware that Tweaktown says they have heard some things informally from an unnamed source, and received some unofficial 5.0.3 firmware for testing that apparently won’t be released, but those things don’t add up to an official response from SanDisk.
That unnamed person would have to be sandisk where else would tweaktown get a firmware that worked with sandisk specific and controller combo? From what I understand 5.0.4 was released by sandforce about a week and a half ago. So if this is the case sandisk should be releasing the next firmware update in the next month or less.
Basically if you are not filling the drive to full capacity and or you at least have some idle time on your PC for garbage collection you will not even be affected by the issue. Bad_machine’s test data shows that. I as well have tested with similar results as Bad_Machine.
This is SanDisk’s flagship SSD. Don’t get your panties all in a bunch, a fix is coming I am sure. Better to have it fully tested and qualified than create more issues than there already are.
So here it is, end of September. SanDisk’s “flagship” SSD remains crippled by buggy firmware. Not a peep out of them about it. People returning their products as soon as they arrive. I’ve heard of having a laid-back attitude, but what are these guys smoking?