Song duration time missing after FW update?

I just got my Clip today and I can easily say that I’m really enjoying it. However, I’ve just recently updated my Clip’s firmware to 1.01.17 and I’ve noticed that the song’s duration time is gone. Is there a setting to replace this? If not, then why would you take this out? Could you at least add in a setting in the next update to display it or not? Sometimes I cannot remember how long a song is, and I’d like to know how the length.

Also, in the Settings>USB Mode menu, I’d like to know why you don’t just add MSC in there too.

When you say duration time, do you mean that the Clip used to display both the total duration time, and the amount of time that a song has been playing so far?  I didn’t notice that … interesting.  I wonder if they adjusted something else in the display and needed the space.

The clip always has only displayed the time into the song.  remaining time is  not displayed.

Oh sorry about that! I guess I was too quick to update the FW that I hadn’t noticed that it was never there in the first place! But either way it would be nice to see it… Thanks for the FYI though.

is there any chance that a future firmware upgrade will incluide “time remaining” display? after the 1.01.18A firmware upgrade, this is be far the best mp3 player i’ve ever owned, no extra fluff, just the features you need. however, i’d love to see "time remaining capability.

thanks guys, keep up the good work.

mrerlo wrote:
is there any chance that a future firmware upgrade will incluide “time remaining” display?

Who knows … maybe a Sandisk employee will read your question and reply.  :wink:  But employees rarely if ever talk about what’s coming up in future firmware releases … maybe if it was a bug fix …

maybe if it was a bug fix …

to sandisk employees,

i’ve noticed a bug with my Sansa Clip. it displays the track time elapsed just fine, but the time remaining display seems to be malfunctioning. perhaps this bug could be fixed in the next firmware.

thanks

to sandisk employees,

i’ve noticed a bug with my Sansa Clip. it displays the track time elapsed just fine, but the Doctor Who Tardis Space And Time Transportation System seems to be malfunctioning. perhaps this bug could be fixed in the next firmware.

PP,

excellent catch with the Doctor Who Tardis Space And Time Transportation System, mine has been on the fritz as well.

any chance that a “Time Remaining” feature will be included in the next firmware? i’m not trying to pester, i do intend to keep asking until i get a response from a Sandisk representative. and even after that, i’ll probably keep asking for this feature.

aside from that one feature… this is the still the most excellent MP3 player i’ve ever owned.

mrerlo wrote:
any chance that a “Time Remaining” feature will be included in the next firmware? i’m not trying to pester, i do intend to keep asking until i get a response from a Sandisk representative. and even after that, i’ll probably keep asking for this feature.

If you keep asking in this forum, all you’re going to do is annoy a bunch of Sansa users.  If you really want a response from a Sandisk “representative”, I’d recommend using the proper support channels.  Either the 866 number or the “contact us” email.

The time remaining will not be included in a future firmware release of the Sansa Clip.  A future model may include the feature, but not the current product.

Time remaining is available on some other Sansa Products.

Regards,

SansaFix

Awwww.  I miss that feature, present in my other DAP.  Although, one does have an idea from the progress bar.