Slotradio Cards- sale this week at Radio Shack $30

This is the best price I have ever seen for them.

Cool–thanks for the tip!

This took me by surprise too. The Slot Radio player is being discounted as well. Perhaps the whole Slot Radio thing is not doing so well. While I am not all that happy with my Clip+, I am interested in Slot Radio. Besides the Sansa Store, does anyone know who is selling the Christmas Slot Radio Card?

Message Edited by wplj42 on 11-20-2009 10:33 AM

Just checked out the xmas card on sansa store and it looks promising.  There’s only 500 songs and it’s for $29.99.  Haven’t seen it on Best Buy nor Radio Shack site, but I expect them to sell it soon.

I use the slotradio card in my fuze and it works fine so far.   8gig fuzes are selling for about $62 last time I checked on Amazon.

I am interested in the Christmas card, even though it is just 500 songs. Don’t exactly dig the idea of only ten dollars less for half the songs. Some say it is a good idea to have something in the Clip+ card slot to keep dirt out. Guess I need to have at least one. The sound quality at the Apple Store is pathetic, at least for me. How do the Slot Radio Cards sound? You can’t really tell by the demos on the web site.

I’m not an audiophile, but the sound quality is great.   I don’t hear a difference between the slotradio card songs and what I download from Amazon.  At first, I wasn’t too happy with the songs that were playing, I was skipping quite a few of them, but I finally got to a point where I like the songs being played.

Yeah, $29.99 for 500 songs versus $39.99 (regular price) for 1,000 songs is overpriced.    It should only be $20.

mags1230 wrote:

I’m not an audiophile, but the sound quality is great. 

I don’t know if it differs by card, but I have noticed a distinct lack of sound quality on the Oldies SlotRadio card I have. Not on all songs mind you, but it is a night-and-day difference when a song comes up that you’re familar with because you already have it loaded on the player at 256kbps, and you barely recognize it!

I haven’t listened to it extensively yet, but several tracks have either been very ‘tinny’ sounding, with no bass at all; or very ‘boomy’ (all bass). One didn’t have hardly any bass or treble at all, just mid-range.

SanDisk isn’t saying what the bit-rate or quality of the recordings on the cards are; just that they’re “better than radio quality”. From what I’ve heard so far, not by much if at all.

I’ll have to give it some more listening time to be fair, but out of maybe the first 15 - 20 songs I listened too, at least 5 were definitely not up to snuff.

mags1230 wrote:

I’m not an audiophile, but the sound quality is great. 

I’ve had just the opposite experience. I don’t know if it differs by card, but I have noticed a distinct lack of sound quality on the Oldies SlotRadio card I have. Not on all songs mind you, but it is a night-and-day difference when a song comes up that you’re familar with because you already have it loaded on the player at 256kbps, and you barely recognize it!

I haven’t listened to it extensively yet, but several tracks have either been very ‘tinny’ sounding, with no bass at all; or very ‘boomy’ (all bass). One didn’t have hardly any bass or treble at all, just mid-range.

SanDisk isn’t saying what the bit-rate or quality of the recordings on the cards are; just that they’re “better than radio quality”. From what I’ve heard so far, not by much . . . if at all.

I’ll have to give it some more listening time to be fair; but out of maybe the first 15 - 20 songs I listened too, at least 5 were definitely not up to snuff.