Searching folders

Greetings,

I have recently bought a microSD 2GB card. When i try to search my music files in folder style, i get 2 options: Internal Memory and External uSD Card. Is it possible to integrate them into one, having a single capacity in this style of searching music files? I am asking, because i also noticed that by choosing other search styles (Albums, Genres, etc), the Fuze player searches and categorizes everything together.

If you use the category lists (Artists, Albums, Genres, etc.) the information you see displayed is from the metadata embeedded in the ID3 tag of the files. Files stored in both the internal memory and external menmory card are included. The only indication of where the files are located is if you look at the individual tracks; files stored on the card have a little square icon next to them.

However, is you use Folder mode (bottom of the Music menu, it will be just like on your computer and the files themselves are shown. As the internal memory and external card are recognized as separate (physical location) drives, you can see one location at a time, but not both.

If you use the category lists (Artists, Albums, Genres, etc.) the information you see displayed is from the metadata embedded in the ID3 tag of the files. Files stored in both the internal memory and external menmory card are included. The only indication of where the files are located is if you look at the individual tracks; files stored on the card have a little square icon next to them.

However, if you use Folder mode (bottom of the Music menu), it will be just like on your computer and the files themselves are shown. As the internal memory and external card are recognized as separate (physical location) drives, you can see one location at a time, but not both.

If you don’t see Folders as a choice at the very bottom of the Music list (Artist, Album, etc.), update your firmware. Folders may not have been in the early versions of the Fuze.

Use the manual method, not the Updater–this is the last update.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

@quinlan wrote:

Greetings,

I have recently bought a microSD 2GB card. When i try to search my music files in folder style, i get 2 options: Internal Memory and External uSD Card. Is it possible to integrate them into one, having a single capacity in this style of searching music files? I am asking, because i also noticed that by choosing other search styles (Albums, Genres, etc), the Fuze player searches and categorizes everything together.

No there isn’t.   And I haven’t heard of a work-around to make it just one listing on the player.  It would have been great if Sandisk had updated the firmware to do that.  My solution was to organize the music by different genres in each memory. I placed classical, instrumental, and holiday on the internal memory and popular, rock, and country on the external.