Sansu Express won't fill up

Have a 1GB Express with 1GB of external memory also.  Neither drive will fill up.  I have around 300MB of space left on each.  When I try to add more music it says “The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”  I have tried refomatting both “drives.”  Still does the same.  I updated the firmware to the latest also.  What more can I do?  It works great, but just doesn’t fill up.  Can someone please help???  Thanks for you time!!   

@travish316 wrote:
Have a 1GB Express with 1GB of external memory also.  Neither drive will fill up.  I have around 300MB of space left on each.  When I try to add more music it says “The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”  I have tried refomatting both “drives.”  Still does the same.  I updated the firmware to the latest also.  What more can I do?  It works great, but just doesn’t fill up.  Can someone please help???  Thanks for you time!!   

Place your card in a card reader and look at the “Properties” in "My  Computer. If you do not have the full 1gB available, run Check Disc on the card.

If that brings back the full 1 gB on your card, then you will have to do the same to your Express. Connect your Express in MSC mode following the instructions in message number 2 of the attached thread and run Check Disc.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=915

Thanks for the info, tried 'em both, still same crap, at least 300MB left to fill on internal and external memory and won’t let me add any more.  Oh well I guess u get what u paid for.  Love the player, just wish I could of used all 1 GB instead of only 700mb. 

@travish316 wrote:
Thanks for the info, tried 'em both, still same crap, at least 300MB left to fill on internal and external memory and won’t let me add any more.  Oh well I guess u get what u paid for.  Love the player, just wish I could of used all 1 GB instead of only 700mb. 

Have you tried formating the card to FAT 32?

LOL–I just did that for sh*ts and giggles, and that WORKED!!!  Thanks for your help.

@travish316 wrote:
LOL–I just did that for sh*ts and giggles, and that WORKED!!!  Thanks for your help.

Glad to help, enjoy your music.