Write problem with Internal Memory

Got my Sansa Express last Christmas and I love this cute little player to bits :manvery-happy:

But a ‘write’ problem developed few days back.
Internal memory of my SE has 282 MB of free space. But I can not store anything on it.
For example, if I try to create a directory, I get the message “The new folder could not be created in this location. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”  :mansurprised:

Files play okay. No problems when writing or deleting with either of the 2GB microSD cards that I use.

Firmware is 01.01.05F

Any clues?
Any way of doing scandisk or some other error-checking and correction with SE?

@bluemax wrote:

Got my Sansa Express last Christmas and I love this cute little player to bits :manvery-happy:

But a ‘write’ problem developed few days back.
Internal memory of my SE has 282 MB of free space. But I can not store anything on it.
For example, if I try to create a directory, I get the message “The new folder could not be created in this location. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.”  :mansurprised:

Files play okay. No problems when writing or deleting with either of the 2GB microSD cards that I use.

Firmware is 01.01.05F

Any clues?
Any way of doing scandisk or some other error-checking and correction with SE?

You can run check disc if you manually connect the Express in MSC mode.

But, you may have a file limitation on the number of files in your root folder. If your internal memory is FAT you will be limited to 128 files & folders.

Thanks.

Eventually solved the problem by doing a 'Hard Reset"

Pressing (white square button) and Volume Up (+) buttons simultaneously.