Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

Charging WAS mentioned before as NOT working on their site

but wether its been fixed in a newer build i have no idea… i still havn’t tried rockbox

And to the guy asking how long it takes to load, obviously it depends on how much it has to load etc…

Which is why i have but do NOT use my micro sd card. My 8 gig player has more than enough.

The aditional time it takes to load up the memory card is not worth the extras space to me

So i’d have to say my player loads pretty fast… no complaints here

I have no problems with the firmware, but, i wouldn’t mind it going by the album artist under artist, instead of going by the individual songs artist. Because, I have a few albums that are various artist, but under the artist menu all the songs are put in their own artist selection.

For example: I have Punk Goes Pop Volume 4, which is a Various Artist album. But instead of the player putting it in Various artist it has them all separate. Like the August Burns Red selection has just the one song off of Punk Goes Pop. But I’d like it to be under various artists. I want to know who did the song, but I want all of the songs to be together in the artist menu.

I think if the player went off of the “album artist” instead of the songs artist it would fix the problem.

No problem!  Recalculating!   Is your battery better now?  Menu?  Scrolling!!   How’s that!

Stable as a church pew, my man!  Uh, can you spare an aspirin?

Rockbox for the Fuze+ is a work in progress, right?  You can still expect some…mayhem.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@ezagent wrote:

While using the player booted into Rockbox the touchpad is difficult to figure out, I’ve had the experience of menus scrolling virtually out of control, looping into sub-menus and general mayhem. I definitely prefer to charge booted into Sansa, and in general I prefer Sansa. Hopefully Rockbox development continues with regular updates and quickly surpasses 2.38.06. For the time being, in my opinion, Rockbox for the Fuze Plus is interesting but not ready for primetime consumption. Not that it claims to be either.

I installed it on mine for about 10 minutes, and I was finding it  even harder to maneuver through the menus than with the Sansa firmware.:dizzy_face:

I’m a big proponent of Rockbox…I’ve used it on several Fuzes, a couple of Clip+'s, three Clip Zips, and I have the Rockbox app on my Android device. However, it is far from ready on the Fuze+…although in this case I blame the hardware…lol.

last updated on 07-15-2011 ?

It would be nice if sansa could give us an indication if there is any new firmware in the works.

For example because of the Flac album artist vorbis comment tag bug

i had to go through and remove about 5,000 tag fields so i could see the artist name

instead of “ARTIST NAME =” …so ya uhhm there is other things that could be mentioned

but my point is that there ARE things that could be fixed still… sooooo…

Whasup Sansa ???

If the device is discontinued the say so, then atleast you won’t have a whole community

waiting thinking something might be coming. Does that sound Fair ?

You know customers apreciate feedback. And what it is EXACTLY they are being told is not as important

What I’m driving at here *should be common sense. right ?

Anyway, if there was only one thing I could add/change or have fixed

I’d have to ignore the album artist issue (easy enough to work around)

And i would go with, PLEASE for the love of god give us a menu option to disable

resuming tracks !

Here is the usual scenario… Turn it on, select track, click play, and then, a popup

and everyone loves popups right ? ever heard of a pop up blocker ? lol

Ya so anyway, your forced into answering a 2 option menu yes or no on resume track

and after clicking past the option want about 5,6 or 7 times in a row you finally get to PLAY MUSIC

Tired of the sketchy skippin loopty doo runaround just to HIT PLAY

Historically, Sandisk has neither given advance notice of firmware updates nor formally announced the discontinuation of products. But after this long, it’s safe to assume the Fuze+ is discontinued and won’t be updated again. If it doesn’t meet your needs, it’s time to stop agonizing over it and move on to something else.

@marvin_martian wrote:

I installed it on mine for about 10 minutes, and I was finding it  even harder to maneuver through the menus than with the Sansa firmware.:dizzy_face:

I’m a big proponent of Rockbox…I’ve used it on several Fuzes, a couple of Clip+'s, three Clip Zips, and I have the Rockbox app on my Android device. However, it is far from ready on the Fuze+…although in this case I blame the hardware…lol.

The difference is that rockbox isn’t using gesture at all for the moment. So if you try scrolling list in rockbox you will get confused. The device itself has a sensibility value that can be set for test in the debug menu. As no one complains about it in the rockbox forum, the values seems to be a good compromise for now (althrough a little too high).

There is probably improvement to be done but let’s face it: If you post here about your probleö on rockbox you just can’t expect that anything will be done. :laughing:

Your reply is pretty predictable…

I hear ya, i know what your saying and “I knew that” but…

I was hoping to post a public statement so MAYBE something will change

and they may start informing people that BUY THEIR PRODUCTS

If you don’t TRY you don’t get anything in life :wink:

Im not agonizing over “it”

I’m a little disgusted in a company that turns their back on their customers once they have your money

And you and i may be aware this behaviour is standard practice for Sansa

but not everyone else, hence another reason for my post

Im content and i got my money worth out of my product already so there is no “agony”

What i was driving at is industry standard stuff and we all know it.

Google, Microsoft and various other types of hardware manufactures etc

routinely atleast post a information as to wether a device or product is considered

discontinued and wether you may or may not get any more support / new features etc…

And i’m sorry i had to basicly repeat myself here but based on your reply gwk1967

you clearly did not understand what i was saying, so hopefully i’ve articulated my thoughts a bit better

@metaphysicien wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

I installed it on mine for about 10 minutes, and I was finding it even harder to maneuver through the menus than with the Sansa firmware.:dizzy_face:

The difference is that rockbox isn’t using gesture at all for the moment. So if you try scrolling list in rockbox you will get confused. The device itself has a sensibility value that can be set for test in the debug menu. As no one complains about it in the rockbox forum, the values seems to be a good compromise for now (althrough a little too high).

There is probably improvement to be done but let’s face it: If you post here about your probleö on rockbox you just can’t expect that anything will be done. :laughing:

If I was really that concerned about it, I would have researched it further and perhaps posted in the rockbox forum about it.

Rockbox seems to be part of the firmware discussion because it appears that we have to live with the Sansa firmware and hope that someday, Rockbox develops to the point where it exceeds Sansa’s effort. For me, I tried Rockbox because I want playlists with Linux. I can’t have playlists with Linux, I have to boot into Windows and create playlists with Windows Media Player.

Hopefully, the guys working on Rockbox are motivated and have the momentum to make it happen, but I have no control over that or Sansa refining their firmware to address usability issues.

As a linux user, my conclusion is that if you have a sansa fuze plus and you want playlists, you’ll have to boot into windows and create them with Windows Media Player, that’s the workaround. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other. I hope this info saves someone the time and hassle of searching for something else. Until Rockbox develops to a state of completion that actually eclipses 2.38.06 or the firmware evolves, what you have is what there is.

Despite the fact that firmware vesion 2.38.06 is less than ideal, the sansa fuze plus seems like a nice player for the money. I got mine for forty bucks, the battery lasts all day, it holds eight gigs, plays radio, uses micro sd, etc., etc.

@ezagent wrote:

Rockbox seems to be part of the firmware discussion because it appears that we have to live with the Sansa firmware and hope that someday, Rockbox develops to the point where it exceeds Sansa’s effort. For me, I tried Rockbox because I want playlists with Linux. I can’t have playlists with Linux, I have to boot into Windows and create playlists with Windows Media Player.

Hopefully, the guys working on Rockbox are motivated and have the momentum to make it happen, but I have no control over that or Sansa refining their firmware to address usability issues.

As a linux user, my conclusion is that if you have a sansa fuze plus and you want playlists, you’ll have to boot into windows and create them with Windows Media Player, that’s the workaround. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other. I hope this info saves someone the time and hassle of searching for something else. Until Rockbox develops to a state of completion that actually eclipses 2.38.06 or the firmware evolves, what you have is what there is.

Despite the fact that firmware vesion 2.38.06 is less than ideal, the sansa fuze plus seems like a nice player for the money. I got mine for forty bucks, the battery lasts all day, it holds eight gigs, plays radio, uses micro sd, etc., etc.

Both rockbox and the sandisk firmware support M3U files, which basically every linux music app in existence supports.

@saratoga wrote:

Both rockbox and the sandisk firmware support M3U files, which basically every linux music app in existence supports.

Any playlist I’ve ever transferred to the Fuze Plus using linux and 2.38.06 appears empty. If you know of a way to create m3u files in linux and transfer them to the Fuze+ so that they’re not empty, you my friend, are in possession of the holy grail. Give it up.

Problem with playlists ( M3U, M3U8’s)

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Problem-with-playlists-M3U-M3U8-s/td-p/215076

@gwk1967 wrote:
Historically, Sandisk has neither given advance notice of firmware updates nor formally announced the discontinuation of products. But after this long, it’s safe to assume the Fuze+ is discontinued and won’t be updated again. If it doesn’t meet your needs, it’s time to stop agonizing over it and move on to something else.

I’m not so sure. If memory serves correctly, the update they released before this one was in 2010! So, it took them a year, but they got a release out. Maybe, they have alread fixed a numberof bug in a near-future update, but they’re just too afraid to release the update without more testing (with all the problems the firmware releases have been having, I think everyone is sick of downloading updates that introduce more bugs than they were ment to fix).

…Or, maybe I’m being too optimistic.

@halonachos117 wrote:

If memory serves correctly, the update they released before this one was in 2010!

Firmware 02.37.01 was released on 22 March 2011.

I guess memory does not serve correctly.

My bad. At least we still have rockbox.

I love Rockbox and pamaury is a trooper who is working his tail off, but it is a long way from being usable.  It can’t deal with the senstiive touch screen and goes into “keyboard loops”  where it cycles downwards through the menu repeatedly with no way to stop it.  If this battery is low you cannot plug into the computer to recharge because the Rockbox boot loader will shut down due to too little battery.  THere are many problems like this. 

There is no hope for this device. 

“outlook not good”.

Good day

I would like to ask if you can help me with my problem regrding with my sansa fuze+

I was about to turn it off i while ago but then it suddenly hang and turn its volume to the max. and ended up playing music but without any pictures on the screen. Please help! Thank you

Okay guys I really f’d up my fuze + yest!!!  For the past week my sd card when it was in the player only said loading for hours and nothing every happened, so I looked into it needing an update, but me being special with apparently ADD, I did not read the directions first and my fuze wasnt charged enuf to take the update so I tried stopping the update and just let it charge and then try it again, well when i came home from work yest it still wasnt charged and now all it does it say loading then itll reset but it wont even charge, I tried letting the battery die and charge it from a wall charger instead of the computer and it wont do anything but say loading and then it resets itself…what can I do now???  Please help me fix this!!!   I dont know what I did or how to undo whatever I did do, its like its half way thru the update but now I have no sd card in it and it wont do anything

:cry::cry:

HELP PLEASE!!! 

Any suggestions???

I have updated the Firmware on my Sansa fuze+

and find that the supposed menu scrolling function

is not implemented.

I figured i’d weigh in on the playlist talk…

I don’t like them or use them EVER so i can’t offer any help there.

But I coded a c++ app that transfers content to the device in MTP mode

and one of the things i was playing around with is retrieving various types of info,

such as the supported format types. Basicly you can use the MTP framework system

to query a device for what features the device supports. And Microsoft actualy advises

people to do this before doing any transactions with the device.

Im gonna add a chunk of code i used for FormatCode enumeration…

The code is probably not usefull to anyone but Note,

I added a comment to each entry that is supported.

So if it does not say " // Supported" then i would NOT bother wasting your time…

One last thing not suprisingly WMDM_FORMATCODE_M3UPLAYLIST -> IS <- supported

but i thought that this -> WMDM_FORMATCODE_ABSTRACTAUDIOVIDEOPLAYLIST was interesting

Although i don’t know what that means as in what format etc.

Anyway here is the c++ from my app…

struct SType\_String  
{  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;LONG dwType;  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;char\* pszString;  
};  

void GetFormatCodeString( char\* &szFormatCode, LONG dwFormatCode )  

{ // Updated with format codes from v11 SDK header.  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;static SType\_String sTypeStringArray[] = {  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_NOTUSED,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "NotUsed"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ALLIMAGES,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "AllImages"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINED,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ASSOCIATION,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Association"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_SCRIPT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Script"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_EXECUTABLE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Executable"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_TEXT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Text"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_HTML,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "HTML"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_DPOF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "DPOF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_AIFF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "AIFF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_WAVE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Wave"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MP3,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MP3"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_AVI,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "AVI"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MPEG,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MPEG"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ASF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "ASF"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_RESERVED\_FIRST = 0x300D,  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_RESERVED\_LAST = 0x37FF,  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_UNDEFINED,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image Undefined"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_EXIF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image Exif"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_TIFFEP,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image TiffEP"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_FLASHPIX,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image FlashPix"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_BMP,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image BMP"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_CIFF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image CIFF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_GIF ,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image GIF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_JFIF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image JFIF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_PCD ,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image PCD"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_PICT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image PICT"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_PNG ,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image PNG"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_TIFF,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image TIFF"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_TIFFIT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image TIFFIT"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_JP2,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image JP2"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_JPX,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Image JPX"},&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_RESERVED\_FIRST = 0x3811,  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_IMAGE\_RESERVED\_LAST = 0x3FFF,  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDFIRMWARE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Firmware"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_WINDOWSIMAGEFORMAT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Windows Image Format"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDAUDIO,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Audio"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_WMA,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "WMA"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_OGG,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "OGG"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_AAC,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "AAC"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_AUDIBLE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Audible"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_FLAC,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Flac"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDVIDEO,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Video"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_WMV,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "WMV"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MP4,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MP4"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MP2,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MP2"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_3GP,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "3GP"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDCOLLECTION,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Collection"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTMULTIMEDIAALBUM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Multimedia Album"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTIMAGEALBUM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Image Album"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTAUDIOALBUM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Audio Album"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTVIDEOALBUM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Video Album"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTAUDIOVIDEOPLAYLIST,&nbsp; "Abstract AudioVideo Playlist"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTCONTACTGROUP,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Contact Group"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTMESSAGEFOLDER,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Message Folder"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTCHAPTEREDPRODUCTION, "Abstract Chaptered Production"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MEDIA\_CAST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Media Cast"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_WPLPLAYLIST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "WPL Playlist"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_M3UPLAYLIST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "M3U Playlist"}, // Supported  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MPLPLAYLIST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MPL Playlist"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ASXPLAYLIST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "ASX Playlist"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_PLSPLAYLIST,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "PLS Playlist"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDDOCUMENT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTDOCUMENT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_XMLDOCUMENT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "XML Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MICROSOFTWORDDOCUMENT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MS Word Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MHTCOMPILEDHTMLDOCUMENT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "MHT Compiled HTML Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MICROSOFTEXCELSPREADSHEET,&nbsp;&nbsp; "MS Excel Spreadsheet"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_MICROSOFTPOWERPOINTDOCUMENT, "MS Powerpoint Document"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDMESSAGE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Message"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTMESSAGE,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Message"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDCONTACT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Contact"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTCONTACT,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Contact"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_VCARD2,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Vcard 2"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_VCARD3,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Vcard 3"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDCALENDARITEM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Undefined Calendar item"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_ABSTRACTCALENDARITEM,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Abstract Calendar item"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_VCALENDAR1,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Vcalendar 1"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_VCALENDAR2,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Vcalendar 2"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_UNDEFINEDWINDOWSEXECUTABLE,&nbsp; "Undefined Windows Executable"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_M4A,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "M4A"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_3GPA,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "3GPA"},  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{ WMDM\_FORMATCODE\_SECTION,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Section"}  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;};  

&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// Look for the format code  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;szFormatCode = "\<unknown\>";  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;for( int iIndex = 0; iIndex \< sizeof(sTypeStringArray) / sizeof(sTypeStringArray[0]); iIndex++ )  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;// Is this bit set, if it is then add the attribute as a string  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;if( sTypeStringArray[iIndex].dwType == dwFormatCode )  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;{  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;szFormatCode = sTypeStringArray[iIndex].pszString;  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;break;  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;}  
&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;}  
}