Sansa Clip+ Firmware Update 01.02.09

Any chance that the next update give us ID3 tags v2.4 support ?

aSynchro wrote:
Any chance that the next update give us ID3 tags v2.4 support ?

I believe v2.4 is already supported, although some have reported it’s not perfect. V2.3 is still the over-all favorite ID3 tag format.

I did notice what i think is a bug: if you have shuffle on when you try to “play all” on a list of podcasts it will shuffle them too. The music settings should not effect podcast playback.

mmmbye wrote:
I did notice what i think is a bug: if you have shuffle on when you try to “play all” on a list of podcasts it will shuffle them too. The music settings should not effect podcast playback.

If your podcasts are stored in with your music in the Music folder then yes, they’ll shuffle along with everything else. They should be in the Podcasts folder and also be designated as ‘Podcast’ in the ID3 tag. This will prevent them from being caught up in the mix.

They are in the podcast folder & most are tag as podcast. try it for yourself.

please include in the next relase the “quick relisten” feature:

pressing a certain button skips back - say - 30 seconds in the past allowing audiobook/audiocourse listeners to relisten what they missed

it could be (e.g.) an alternative behaviour for the central button.

Hi I need help,I’ve been trying to update my sansa clip plus firmware but to no avail. The current level is 1.01.05, the updater doesn’t work for the past few days so I’ve been following the manual procedure.

Here’s what I did:

1. Downloaded the fixpack extracted it to my pc.

2. Put the sansa clip+ on hold first then connected it to my pc.

3. Dragged the bin file into the root directory.

4. Detached the clip+

5. After detaching the clip+, it restarted (refreshing media) < is this what I supposed to see if its updating?

6. I checked if its updated but the level is still the same

Thanks for the help!

A few thoughts regarding podcast behaviors:   Well, at least we got the chronological order rectified with the Clip+, going from oldest-to-newest, just like the real world.  And yes, you are right, shuffle mode is not inhibited while in podcast mode, as it should be.

I agree, the button / command mapping could use a little rework, like a continuous press for FF/REW, and a one tap 30 second jump forward / back.  I’d like a short press (half second) to command a full skip to the next podcast, and a quick tap to command the 30-second jump.  It sounds complicated in print, but I’m sure you’ll understand.

If we had an audible scan during FF/REW, I would gladly don the official Lil’ Monsta suit and do the happy dance.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

If we had an audible scan during FF/REW, I would gladly don the official Lil’ Monsta suit and do the happy dance.

Now there’s something I’d pay to see!

:smileyvery-happy:

Ooh… me too

I’ve been asking for this in various player firmwares for years–many people seem to think it’s irrelevant.  But how to find a place without it?  Like a VCR without a picture when fast forwarding past commercials …

The e200v1 series had these feature. I always though it strange that subsquent models did not. A very handy feature, especially when listening to radio podcasts so as to FF through the commercials.

The e200v1 series had these feature. I always thought it strange that subsquent models did not. A very handy feature, especially when listening to radio podcasts to FF as you say, through the commercials.

For those who have experienced it, the e200’s Scan Through Song function is the ultimate tool for searching podcasts.  We can’t have the same function with the Clip, since there’s no scroll wheel to implement it.

My preference is to allow audio samples to play during the scan, rather than muting playback.  It would be wonderful to be able to hear something during FF / REW.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

FM Radio Volume issue needs to be fixed.

ifi wrote:

As was mentioned in msg. #10 on the 1st page of this thread and several other threads as well.

@tapeworm wrote:

@ifi wrote:

As was mentioned in msg. #10 on the 1st page of this thread and several other threads as well.

Apparently SanDisk has not yet received the message. As reported in message number 10, SanDisk is still denying to accept this as an issue.

Denying the issue?  Hardly, rest assured.  The initial firmware upddressed refinements to the initial build.  The FM audio gain issue has indeed been noted.  Hey, we’re all human, last time I checked.  The gain preset and steps can be corrected.

Bob  :wink:

They also need time to work on new firmware.  You can’t expect instant results, but sandisk are usually pretty good with firmware updates for what they consider ‘current’ products - the clip+ is definitely one of those.

1. Downloaded the fixpack extracted it to my pc.
  1. Put the sansa clip+ on hold first then connected it to my pc.
  1. Dragged the bin file into the root directory.
  1. Detached the clip+
  1. After detaching the clip+, it restarted (refreshing media) < is this what I supposed to see if its updating?
  1. I checked if its updated but the level is still the same

Sound wrong, after unplugging the Sansa Clip+ should give you a message that its updating the firmware, see:

My guess would be that either the bin file is defect (unlikely, as zip should notice that, but can’t hurt to redownload it) or that you are copying the file not in MSC mode (not sure if that is even possible).