Sansa Clip Firmware For Hardware Revision 2.0

from the hardware version 1 firmware update thread. have you tried the new firmware, it may fix some of your issues.

Bugs Fixed:

OGG placed in Audiobook or podcast folder shows up in Music directory

Delete song from a long playlist causes the device to hang

Selecting “Back to Music List” while playing FM/Voice recordings will display double “Play All” on screen & will cause device to hang upon selecting “Play All”  

Certain tag information for mp3 files will cause the device to hang or freeze 

Made  OGG file Tags not case sensitive

Noise problem on voice recording

Device in MTP mode will jump back to AutoSelect mode after UI format

Device behaves erratically when file extension got changed (i.e.  .txt to .mp3, .jpg to .wma)

All Audiobooks should show 1/1 if Chapter Mode is OFF

Certain Rhapsody tracks show clicking noises

Deactivation message “Synchronize to listen to your Audiobooks” for Audible is uninformative and irrelevant 

@sansafix wrote:

Version 2 devices already has the aforementioned fixes in place from Version 1 release notes,  except the new ones listed.

As shipped,  version 2 had fixes not yet released to Version 1.

Both versions are now in sync.

Message Edited by sansafix on 10-03-2008 01:16 PM

If the versions are now in sync, shouldn’t the “Known Issues” lists for both be the same?

As listed now, they are not. 

Message Edited by rdow on 10-04-2008 05:37 PM

@cyberron wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Because 2.xx.xx is for different hardware PCB version…

What is the diference between version 1 and version 2 hardware (not firmware)?

How can I tell the difference between the two hardware versions without opening the package?

Anyone have any answers?  :slight_smile:

Please allow me to clarify my previous post. Firmware updated as per Updater using XP. I followed the same precedure as in the past. Download seemed complete and unproblematic. Upon restarting, all files on device showed “empty” however the memory (in settings) shows files are still on the device. In addition, checking device on computer also shows all files. However, device will not access any files. Can I somehow reload the firmware (updater shows no updates) or reformat device, reinstall firmware and reload music files? Can anyone help?

I know you said your computer shows the files, but just to be sure … try switching USB mode (MTP/MSC).

Well I just got my 8GB Clip yesterday and I’ve been playing with it for a bit. It’s quite good I think.

I also upgraded the firmware, as the one on it wasn’t the latest. I must say I would’ve liked the “Hello” and “Goodbye” better as well.

I found one little bug:

When you listen to music and plug it into the computer and do stuff (like putting new music on), then unplugging it again and continue to use it without restarting, then the backlight of the buttons doesn’t come on anymore until you either restart the Clip or (apparently) turn on the screen by pressing a button and waiting until the screen goes black. If you press a button after that again, the lights for the buttons are back up. I’ve had this bug twice now, once when plugging in the USB cable when music was playing and once when it was paused.

I hope it was clear enough. I’m using the 8GB European Clip with FM, the auto-detect mode for connecting to the PC, and Winamp to transfer and edit files.

Well, I’m excited to start using the Clip outside some time and see how it fares.

On another note: This board doesn’t work with the latest version of Opera. Or at least the text box doesn’t, it’s quite annoying. Now I have to always switch to Firefox. I hope this gets worked on at some point :slight_smile:

@pyrazol wrote:

On another note: This board doesn’t work with the latest version of Opera. Or at least the text box doesn’t, it’s quite annoying. Now I have to always switch to Firefox. I hope this gets worked on at some point :slight_smile:

You might put a post describing this in the Off Topic/Site Suggestions board. Notate also what version(s) you are using so the web people can duplicate the issue and hopefully fix it. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

You might put a post describing this in the Off Topic/Site Suggestions board. Notate also what version(s) you are using so the web people can duplicate the issue and hopefully fix it. :wink:

I’m also using Opera and currently experiencing some bugs. I’ve posted a request for a fix in the Site Suggestions board.

Alrighty, I guess then I won’t have to anymore. :slight_smile:

@pyrazol wrote:

When you listen to music and plug it into the computer and do stuff (like putting new music on), then unplugging it again and continue to use it without restarting, then the backlight of the buttons doesn’t come on anymore until you either restart the Clip or (apparently) turn on the screen by pressing a button and waiting until the screen goes black. If you press a button after that again, the lights for the buttons are back up. I’ve had this bug twice now, once when plugging in the USB cable when music was playing and once when it was paused.

Update on this: I noticed I seem to have that issue any time I disconnect it from my PC, regardless of the state the player was in when connected. I unplug the cable, the backlight for the buttons doesn’t come on, only solution seems to be to restart the player or wait until the screen turns off and then pushing a button.

Oh and also: I wanted to suggest this little feature for the Clip that Winamp has and I really like. The Winamp Media Library ignores leading "The"s and "A"s in Album or Artist names and therefore sorts them according to the first letter of the ensuing word. For example, if the Album title is “The Phantom Agony,” the Media Library will sort it under “P” and not “T”. I think that’s nice, not finding a whole bunch of “The …” under “T”.

Message Edited by Pyrazol on 11-13-2008 08:30 PM

@pyrazol wrote:

Oh and also: I wanted to suggest this little feature for the Clip that Winamp has and I really like. The Winamp Media Library ignores leading "The"s and "A"s in Album or Artist names and therefore sorts them according to the first letter of the ensuing word. For example, if the Album title is “The Phantom Agony,” the Media Library will sort it under “P” and not “T”. I think that’s nice, not finding a whole bunch of “The …” under “T”.

This would be a great feature for ALL platforms, not just the Clip. There are a ton of artists/groups known as "The . . . " I don’t know if it’s possible to change with firmware or not, but it would be a worthwhile project for the development team if they ever get caught up on ‘bug-fixing’. :wink:

@pyrazol wrote:

This would be a great feature for ALL platforms, not just the Clip. There are a ton of artists/groups known as "The . . . "

I don’t know if it’s possible to change with firmware or not, but it would be a worthwhile project for the development team if they ever get caught up on ‘bug-fixing’. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

This would be a great feature for ALL platforms, not just the Clip.

Haha well since I only have the Clip I’m only interested in it :smileyvery-happy:

The blue ring light “disable” quirk when disconnecting is one of the little things built into the Clip, and its removal would alter the fabric of space and time.

Solar windsin excess of 12 protons per cubic meter will correct this problem, but our magnetosphere shields the wee Clip from such exposure.  Thus, the blue light returns after the first display blanking.  If the blue light comes on immediately, check your dosimeter for activity.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

i am not able to upgrage firmware to ver 2, currently having the version V01.01.30A

i dragged it to the root. when i disconnects, it shows disconnected, and refreshing database…what to do?

plz help me!

@faheem19 wrote:

i am not able to upgrage firmware to ver 2, currently having the version V01.01.30A

i dragged it to the root. when i disconnects, it shows disconnected, and refreshing database…what to do?

plz help me!

if you read the instructions you can not upgrade from 1.X to 2.X. you need to use this firmware upgrade.

This firmware is driving me crazy for podcasts. I edited the tags, and set the title equal to the filename.I gave a folder full of podcasts the same album tag. In the podcast folder these now are listed in reverse alphabetical order by tile tag, even though I gave them track number tags to put them in alphabetical order by title tag. It seems like the podcast folder just ignores the track numbers. In the audiobook folder, they are in alphabetical order by tag without the track numbers, and are in a different order if I assign track numbers to do this. So the audiobook folder observes the track numbers, but the podcast folder does not. Please fix this so the podcast folder also uses the track numbers, and that without track numbers the podcasts are in alphabetical order by title like is on the Fuze with the new Fuze firmware. Please try to keep the Fuze and the Clip firmware consistent, so those of us who have both don’t go crazy!

It also looks like there is no way to see the track length. I would much rather see the track length number than the progress bar. This is very important for long podcasts. I would also like to see the battery indicator as a percentage number rather than the battery icon.

It would be nice if the player could mark podcast and audiobook files as read after they have been listened to completely. A list only unread podcast or audiobook files setting would be nice. I would like a return to audiobook and return to podcast function so that I can listen to podcasts or audiobooks for a while, listen to music files for a while, then resume the audiobook or podcast without having to remember which file I was in, or how to navigate there.

Message Edited by JK98 on 12-30-2008 02:14 PM

hello!

my sansa clip is with firmware:V02.01.16F.

how i can to change toV02.01.16H?

my language is hebrew- i tryied to do the change as instructed in the forum, but i didn’t succeded- please your help!!

thanks!!

zeev mazor- israel

Try again?  Or, simply change the letter yourself before dragging and dopping the firmware file onto you Clip. 

I’d Like to Buy the Hardware Revision 2.0 instead of the Fisrt one. . How can I Discover the Revision info Without requesting System Info. .?