Sansa Clip 8GB $49 @ Wal-Mart

@conversionbox wrote:
It probably is. Are their wal-marts over seas?

Indeed there are. I haven’t been outside the US myself in a long time (the last time was when I was in South Korea in the early 90’s), but I remember an episode of “The Amazing Race” several years ago in which one team was amazed to see a “Wal-Mart Supercenter” in some South American country.

Ive only been to Canada, Great Brittan, and Germany. Canada was the only one for more than a week, and In the year I lived in Toronto I never shopped for anything (Did that when I came home) so I never really looked. Wal-mart only made it to my suburb in ohio, 3 years ago.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 02-17-2009 11:57 PM

After seeing this deal here I pulled the trigger on one this morning. The Walmart that I visited didn’t have them marked down so I asked the clerk to do a price scan. The price went from $69.00 down to $49.00. Thanks for the heads up on this great deal. Now what do I do with two Clips?

FlyboyTJ

If at all possible, personally I wouldn’t wait–I’d be concerned they would sell out in a flash (no pun intended!).

@marvin_martian wrote:
I just hope there’s still some there when my tax $$ comes in… I want a 4GB model, but if the 8GB is till the same price I would be all over it.

@flyboytj wrote:

After seeing this deal here I pulled the trigger on one this morning. The Walmart that I visited didn’t have them marked down so I asked the clerk to do a price scan. The price went from $69.00 down to $49.00. Thanks for the heads up on this great deal. Now what do I do with two Clips?

FlyboyTJ

Personally, I’ve donated “older” players to charity when I’ve gotten a newer one.  Imagine a little kid’s face in scoring a 1 or 2gb Clip (especially if you still have the original box and accessories–a great gift!).

@miikerman wrote:
If at all possible, personally I wouldn’t wait–I’d be concerned they would sell out in a flash (no pun intended!).

@marvin_martian wrote:
I just hope there’s still some there when my tax $$ comes in… I want a 4GB model, but if the 8GB is till the same price I would be all over it.

Not possible anymore…just signed on for a sale price on some headphones

It’s ok though…the one I have still works fine.

What the heck…I’m going to Wal-Mart today…hope there’s still some there! (bills? what bills?) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just so hard to resist …   :wink:

Of course, you instead could buy a refurb. Apple Shuffle 2 gb for $39 …  Hmmm, I wonder which way to go, Clip or Apple?  8gb or 2gb?  New or refurb.?  Screen/recording ability/FM radio/EQ, or no screen/no recorder/no radio/no EQ?   :wink:

Woohoo!!! I got me an 8GB Clip…for the same price I paid last year for my 2GB. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just wanted to pop in with a new account and say that I bought the Clip for the following reasons:

-$50 at Wal-Mart for 8GB (Same as my old iPod Nano, 4th Gen, but a third of the price)

-The features! Oh, my the features! (FM, Voice, etc.) in a small package

-OGG support. I use Ubuntu. Not only letting me use OGG, which sounds fantastic, but also Linux, sealed the deal where no other feature could.

-This forum is a very nice, supportive forum that I plan on checking up on occasionally.

Thank you SanDisk; buying this Clip has been one of the better purchases I’ve made in a long while.

@marvin_martian wrote:
Woohoo!!! I got me an 8GB Clip…for the same price I paid last year for my 2GB. :stuck_out_tongue:

All set and ready to rock…59MB free…1,485 songs…02.01.32A :smileyvery-happy:

@aberinkulas wrote:

Just wanted to pop in with a new account and say that I bought the Clip for the following reasons:

-$50 at Wal-Mart for 8GB (Same as my old iPod Nano, 4th Gen, but a third of the price)

-The features! Oh, my the features! (FM, Voice, etc.) in a small package

-OGG support. I use Ubuntu. Not only letting me use OGG, which sounds fantastic, but also Linux, sealed the deal where no other feature could.

-This forum is a very nice, supportive forum that I plan on checking up on occasionally.

Thank you SanDisk; buying this Clip has been one of the better purchases I’ve made in a long while.

Good for you–another smart consumer!  And, welcome!

Ditto!  I hesitated to get into the mp3 player thing because I couldn’t figure out the utility if I was going to drop, say $100.  My main interest is really audiobooks for the commute.  But at $50 for an  8gb  player!  I was sold.

Took me a wee half hour or so to figure out how to download library books from using Overdrive and NetLibrary.  Even though their selections are somewhat limited, I no longer have to haul my a… to the library to take out CDs.  And, wonder of wonders, I can actually “read” the same book while in the car and while taking my evening walks!  I’ve even started going to sleep with these **bleep** books in my ear!

And that’s not to mention the WHOLE WORLD of podcasts that I’ve just scratched the surface of.  I can listen to all my favorite radio programs at MY leisure. It’s quite amazing.

What further uses will I find?  Who knows?

Great to see all the new people getting Clips.  I never bought an MP3 player till now and I refused to buy an iPod because I despise that company.  I’m nauseated at school half the time because I see so many people with an iphone or ipod with those craptastic white buds in their ears.

When I found out about this deal,  I was really happy that I could finally have an audiophile quality player.  I mean before, this was the best player for the money, but at $49, I think you’d have to be an ■■■■■ IMHO to buy any sort of iPod or what have you over this thing.

@nymjk wrote:

And that’s not to mention the WHOLE WORLD of podcasts that I’ve just scratched the surface of.  I can listen to all my favorite radio programs at MY leisure. It’s quite amazing.

What further uses will I find?  Who knows?

Podcasts are dangerous:  even with s smaller number of podcast subscriptions for podcasts that come out weekly, there often aren’t enough hours in the day …

:slight_smile:

Personally I would advise you not to buy this, we bought this one for our daughter at Wal-Mart for $49 and it has so many problems. hench the reason I am on here now, this product isn’t the best out there at all. You will get what you pay for, that is for sure.

Every player has its issues. Every User has their issues. You have to work to overcome the issues on the player and when tiy do this the issues you have will be handled as well. With Sansa you have to make the player work for you unlike the ipod where you work for it.

@miikerman wrote:

Podcasts are dangerous:  even with s smaller number of podcast subscriptions for podcasts that come out weekly, there often aren’t enough hours in the day …

:slight_smile:

I sort of realized that once I saw just how much STUFF (nod to Mr. Carlin) is out there.  Not to mention all the aggregator programs that go out and snatch the programs to sync onto one’s mp3 player.  For now, I’m just going to read my books with the one podcast that I won’t do without being Diane Rehm’s Friday weekly roundup.

@paulshar01 wrote:
Personally I would advise you not to buy this, we bought this one for our daughter at Wal-Mart for $49 and it has so many problems. hench the reason I am on here now, this product isn’t the best out there at all. You will get what you pay for, that is for sure.

What issues have you been having?  My Clips have worked straight out of the box with no issue, and no special software needed.  And soundwise, those in the know rank the Clip and Fuze right up there.

Man i wish i had came here before i got my clip, i just paid $39 for a 2gig on sale, at ABC warehouse. They never even said anything about larger models and i did not see them there.

Now i here this and think 10 bucks more i could’ve got a 8gig, Dam.

Maybe i will get one anyways and just have two or sell this 2gig to some one.

Great devices, got 900 songs on my 2gig, @64k wma.

Transcoded with WPM10 and made playlist with ease using Tag&rename, just point Tag&rename to the MUSIC directoy on the clip in MSC mode and slect the folders and/or files you want in the playlist and save selected. No problem works like a charm.