Problem about the capacity of sandisk extreme pro flash drive (512 GB)

Hi there. I have recently bought a sandisk extreme pro solid state flash drive with 512 GB capacity. After formatting with both NTFS and exFAT, I noticed that the usable capacity is 460 GB. It seems something is wrong, because it should be approximately 476 GB. I searched all over the internet and did not find any satisfactory explanation.

Please consider before replying:

1. I know the difference between GB and GiB. This is exactly why I mentioned that it should show 476. 460 is way too low and cannot be attributed to GiB conversion.

2. I checked with diskpart and other tools and there are no additional/hidden partitions. Plus, I deleted the included software before formatting.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone?

Hi @saydash,

Please refer the article USB Drive, Memory Card & SSD Capacity in Operating System Does Not Match Label

Please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:Support | Western Digital

@Keerti_01: Did you read what I had written in the original post? I said that I already knew the difference between GB and GiB. Yet, you still refer this completely useless article to me.

I knew, I knew that there would be at least one stupid person like you who would reply to the post without fully reading it.