Podcast I am very new need basic help

Have new Sansa Fuze 8gb    I am very confused about loading Podcasts.  Local radio station has them available, I downloaded a few then used Windows Media (10.0) to try to sync to my sansa fuze.

It did load one of them and put in in Music  Unknown , the other 3 show on Windows Media in  my device but I cannot locate in my Sansa menu. I don’t know  how to get them to the Podcast area.      Do you have to use other software to load?  I also want to load audio books is it done in a similar manner ? I am very sorry that his is so confusing, I would appreciate it if someone could help me!

The easiest thing to do with podcasts is to drag and drop them in the podcast folder. OPen the folder in you pc where the podcasts are stored, then copy and paste them to the podacst folder on the fuze.

Did you check the " Recently added " category on your Fuze. 

If your podcast isn’t tagged - it’ll end up there.  I listen to daily podcasts like that and delete em from the onscreen menus when I’m done listening. 

If  you want to tag the downloads - there are programs available online.  I’m sure someone will post one - I can’t remember the name of the application I used.

Edit: Here’s the application I used for tagging the media to show up under artist / or album / etc.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Message Edited by fireball on 01-26-2009 12:37 PM

Conversionbox, thank you!   I did copy and pasted to the podcost folder and that worked!

I hope it is ok if I can get back to you with another questiion on this if I have one

Maryw

@fireball wrote:

If your podcast isn’t tagged - it’ll end up there.  I listen to daily podcasts like that and delete em from the onscreen menus when I’m done listening. 

If  you want to tag the downloads - there are programs available online.  I’m sure someone will post one - I can’t remember the name of the application I used.

Edit: Here’s the application I used for tagging the media to show up under artist / or album / etc.

I downloaded the application and I will try that, the podcasts that are now on my Fuze do not show “which” podcast it is, hopefully I will be able to make all this work eventually.    I want to that you for your help Maryw

@maryw wrote:

@fireball wrote:

I downloaded the application and I will try that, the podcasts that are now on my Fuze do not show “which” podcast it is, hopefully I will be able to make all this work eventually.    I want to that you for your help Maryw

Yeah to get the podcasts Identified on the Fuze use mp3tag. It allows you to edit the info anyway you want really.

I thought I would make a quick suggestion just in case… I am a podcast fanatic and I actually bought the fuze because of this.

If you use MediaMonkey (free), you can subscribe to podcasts via the RSS feeds that most podcasters will provide. When MediaMonkey syncs them, it throws them into the podcasts folder for you. It will add them by podcast then by episode, so when you go to the podcasts, you get a list of all podcasts by podcast name, then if you go into one podcast you see the episodes there. Mine seem to be sorted by date but I can’t be 100% sure. It just seems like the newest one was always at the bottom of the listing.

@thecodemonk wrote:

I thought I would make a quick suggestion just in case… I am a podcast fanatic and I actually bought the fuze because of this.

If you use MediaMonkey (free), you can subscribe to podcasts via the RSS feeds that most podcasters will provide. When MediaMonkey syncs them, it throws them into the podcasts folder for you. It will add them by podcast then by episode, so when you go to the podcasts, you get a list of all podcasts by podcast name, then if you go into one podcast you see the episodes there. Mine seem to be sorted by date but I can’t be 100% sure. It just seems like the newest one was always at the bottom of the listing.

Do you actually hit “synchronize” to put them on your Fuze? I’ve always used the Send To: Folder Move- and from there selected my podcast folder, either on my Clip or Fuze. I wasn’t sure if the sync would actually put them where they belonged.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@thecodemonk wrote:

Do you actually hit “synchronize” to put them on your Fuze? I’ve always used the Send To: Folder Move- and from there selected my podcast folder, either on my Clip or Fuze. I wasn’t sure if the sync would actually put them where they belonged.

Yep. I used the Auto-Syncronize option because usually I am in a hurry to leave in the morning and I want the latest Wall Street Journal This Morning podcast to listen to on my drive in. So it’s really easy to open media monkey before the shower, then when I get out, just hit the auto-sync and get everything ready to go and when I’m done, it’s done. I love the way this little thing works these podcasts. It makes it so easy for me to find the ones I want to listen to. 

That’s good to know. WMP 11 scared me off of using auto-anything, but maybe I’ll try configuring the auto on MM and give it a shot. Thanks for the info!

Thank you!

You made this sound very simple, I will download MediaMonkey and give it a try

Thanks again