Player with long battery life and full sized SDXC card slot

Some other manufacturers make players with battery life in the 40-60 hour region. It would be nice if Sandisk makes some of these as well. Some of us hate charging an internal battery in a player and would prefer an easily swappable battery that is charged outside the player. A built in battery wouldn’t be such a nuisance though if the battery life is at least 40 hours(and preferably 60 hours+).

I agree. Maybe the sansa tap will have a longer battery life!

@sansablue11 wrote:
I agree. Maybe the sansa tap will have a longer battery life!

I don’t think you will ever see this “sansa tap”. Touchscreen wouldn’t be a “value player” which is what they say their focus is.

then what might the “Sansa Tap” be? I would like a real sansa mp3 player with around 40-60 hour battery life. but not the supposedly “35” hour battery life i get from my sansa view! At best i get around 7 hours!

@sansablue11 wrote:

then what might the “Sansa Tap” be? I would like a real sansa mp3 player with around 40-60 hour battery life. but not the supposedly “35” hour battery life i get from my sansa view! At best i get around 7 hours!

Just a wild guess . . . SanDisk may be planning a venture into the smart cell-phone market. This would make sense given the copyright application for the ‘Sansa Tap’ moniker.

The fact that these new generation of ‘phones’ use Micro SDHC cards further reinforces the speculation; creating more of a ‘demand’ for SanDisk’s core business, flash memory.

Tapeworm,

Sandisk needs to hire you for your business sense. Really. Creative thinking.

"I don’t think you will ever see this “sansa tap”. "

Sansa Tap? Is that a very low priced touch screen player for those of us who are tapped out?

Message Edited by JK98 on 10-28-2009 12:04 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

@sansablue11 wrote:

Just a wild guess . . . SanDisk may be planning a venture into the smart cell-phone market. This would make sense given the copyright application for the ‘Sansa Tap’ moniker.

The fact that these new generation of ‘phones’ use Micro SDHC cards further reinforces the speculation; creating more of a ‘demand’ for SanDisk’s core business, flash memory.

I wrote a thread about that.

Not to be picky about it, but you wrote a post about it. A thread is all the linear responses to the original post on a given subject. :wink:

Some find having battery life of 40+ hours(and especially 60-80 hours) to be very useful. How about a player designed with a battery slot(similar to the idea of slotradio where you can choose what capacity you want, but for battery power instead of memory storage). There could be batteries in different thicknesses that snap on to the back of the player for different power capacities. Motorola did this to some degree with the Razr cellphone, having an optional jumbo battery that replaces the standard one( It also comes with a special larger battery cover to accomodate the larger battery’s extra thickness). Of course such a plan also means that the battery needs to be easily swappable, and there should be a charger to charge spare batteries outside the player.