Phillips mp3 player

I just had a horrible experience! I went to wal-mart to get another Sansa clip because I have an 8 gig and I gave my son my 2 gig and now I want a 4 or 8gig for the car so there isn’t so much wear and tear on pulling the earbuds out/installing aux jack all the time.Well,walmart doesn’t carry Sansa products anymore(dummies!).So I bought a Phillips 4 gig for 44.88+tax.It was the worst experience I have had in a long time.I was so stressed I had to get in my car and drive in traffic to calm down(with my Sansa,of course).

The Phillips stopped letting me load songs after 10 songs and there was no format option on the device! I took it back,got my money back,and now have to wait and order a Sansa online or find a store nearby that carries them.

Sorry,Sansa! I will never be unfaithful to you again!

I know this forum is for questions,and I’m sorry for venting.I guess my question is where do I find a Sansa?Radio Shack doesn’t have any either.

@renate wrote:
I know this forum is for questions,and I’m sorry for venting.I guess my question is where do I find a Sansa?Radio Shack doesn’t have any either.

Amazon, maybe? I got my Fuze at Best Buy, my 2GB Clip at Target, and 8GB at Wal-Mart. they’re over-priced in regular stores though, excpet for my 8GB at Wal-Mart deal.

Ok. I went to Amazon and ordered a 4gig player for 50.96 with free shipping.Whew!I have a sense of relief.

That’s a fair deal.  Congratulations!

Clips either are hated by retailers or Sandisk is phasing them out.  Local Walmarts quit carrying all Sansa players and Best Buy has virtually none on the shelves locally.  Walmart used to carry the 8GB player (got mine there last December) but the same store has no Sandisk players.

Anyone know why the difficulty in getting the Clip in a brick and mortar retailer, especially the 8GB model?

Not sure … they’re still being carried by Office Depot, though.  A few weeks ago they had the 2GB model on sale for $19.99 … I thought they might be clearing out stock, but now they’re back up to $39.99.  They have the Fuze 2GB, also.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 06-22-2009 01:59 PM

What you never seem to see in a brick and mortar store is the 8GB Clip.  Except for Walmart (who quit carrying all Sansas), I’ve not seen it in a retail store.  Radio Shack also discontinued the Clip.  Maybe they don’t sell so well for what those retailers expected?

"What you never seem to see in a brick and mortar store is the 8GB Clip. Except for Walmart (who quit carrying all Sansas), I’ve not seen it in a retail store. Radio Shack also discontinued the Clip. Maybe they don’t sell so well for what those retailers expected? "

My guess is that the profit margins on generic players are much higher than on Sandisk players. The Sandisk players are priced very close to the generic and off brand players. By having the Sandisk players, they are probably selling much fewer of the junky high profit margin players.

Message Edited by JK98 on 06-24-2009 02:31 PM