One album on my Fuze ...

Howdy. There is one album on my Fuze that when I select it everything freezes up. I’m guessing it’s some sort of corruption issue? My question is: how can I get it off the machine? When it freezes I can’t get to the normal delete functions. After I do a “long close” (holding the on/off slider for about 20 seconds and then once to turn it back on, everything works fine with all the other music I access. Should I just avoid that particular item or … Thanks much.

Can’t remember if I reported the results I got about the unit charging but not accepting data. Turns out that my profuse perspiration working out had corroded the connection contacts (when you looked in the port all you could see was green). I used a soft tootbrush and some Desoxy 5 (sp?) that I use for corrosion on my guitar stuff and voila – she’s workee again. Don’t know how long things will remain normal; but for now anyway.

In the event that it’s on it’s way down and I need to purchase a replacement, what’s the best bang for the buck from Sansa at the moment? All I care about is music and as much as I can fit; no need for any other bells and whistles. I copied to one new folder in my documents, all the contents on the Fuze. That went fine. Not sure what procedure I use to move that content to the new unit;  maybe there’s info in the instructions that covers that? Again, thanks for being here and providing the cyber challenged with help.

@stratmo wrote:

Howdy. There is one album on my Fuze that when I select it everything freezes up. I’m guessing it’s some sort of corruption issue? My question is: how can I get it off the machine? When it freezes I can’t get to the normal delete functions.

You’ll have to delete it the same way you put in on . . . from your computer. If you transfer it back to your computer, you can run ChkDsk on it to check for (and maybe fix) corruption. Although It may just be the ID3 tag that it’s choking on.

@stratmo wrote:

In the event that it’s on it’s way down and I need to purchase a replacement, what’s the best bang for the buck from Sansa at the moment? All I care about is music and as much as I can fit; no need for any other bells and whistles.

My vote would be the 8GB Clip+.  Slap a 32GB card in there and you’re good to go. :smiley:

Thank you for your advice and suggestions. Guess no time like the present to start shopping for a new player; nothing lasts forever.

@stratmo wrote:

Thank you for your advice and suggestions. Guess no time like the present to start shopping for a new player; nothing lasts forever.

Why? There’s nothing you said that would indicate the player is about to give up the ghost. A corrupted file or unreadable ID3 tag is very commonplace; nothing at all to do with the longevity of the machine.

Figure out which problem it is, fix it and be done with it. You can go on your merry way. Your player will probably last for years to come.

The problem is not your player. The problem is the album. Get it off there, by deleting it with your computer.

Connect with the USB cord and look for the unit in Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer). Search the drive it is on for the album, or just click around. If your computer can’t see it, disconnect and go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and change it. Try MSC and MTP–Auto Detect isn’t a mode (and doesn’t always work right).

Your computer can only see one mode at a time, so albums send over in MTP mode are invisible to Windows Explorer in when the Fuze is in MSC mode, and vice versa.

It’s usually a bad tag that makes the Fuze freeze. A good habit to get into is fixing the tags before the albums go onto the Fuze.

Instructions here.