Off-Topic Board

On all the boards in this forum but one, there’s a column labeled NEW , between the REPLIES and the VIEWS columns. If you click on the number in this column, you will be taken to the 1st un-read post in that thread. A useful shortcut if you’re montitoring a multi-page thread.

However this column is missing in the Off-Topic board. One has to click on the sugject title, or page number in the case of multiple pages, and then scroll down to find where you ‘last left off’. Also on the other boards, when clicking on the numbers (of new posts), the 1st un-read one will be shaded (as the stickies are) making it very easy to just reading/replying to the new entiries. Not so in the OT board.

Without this feature in the Off-Topic board, you not only have to scroll down, but also have to check the dates for each post to determine where the new one(s) start as all have the white background.

Is there a way to incorporate this short-cut (column) that’s on every other board into the Off-Topic board as well? It sure would come in handy. I use this method exclusively, and I’m sure others do too. But I’ve got to ‘switch gears’ in the OT board.

Does anyone else find this cumbersome, and/or would like to see it changed?

Admins/Mods - Is this possible?

:smiley:

Tape, when you see a new post you go all the way over to the right and you see who posted it. If you click the timestamp above it that takes you to the last post. I usually do that and the  scroll back till I see the first new post.

Ask and ye shall receive

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 02-25-2009 03:05 PM

Wow! Cool, Dude! :wink:

And in record time too. Thanks!

@slotmonsta wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 02-25-2009 03:05 PM

You my friend are the man… Is it true that “With Great Power comes Great Responsibility”? Or do you ever find yourself wanting to mess with people on here?

Just out of curiosity, why was the “New” column missing before? Was it just overlooked when the board was being set up?

Sweet!!!