New Flash Drive

Hi. You can also check first what file format you USB flash drive is currently. If it’s NTFS, try to format it as FAT32. And the other way around if it’s currently FAT32. 

Not a good idea to format as NTFS.

I agree.  Rarely a good idea to reformat a drive but somewhere along the line newbies think it’s the solution for everything. :confounded:

If we delete the files, can we still Password Protect the contents of the USB memory? The Club SanDisk Partner Applications are insidious. You can’t opt out of the McAfee virus scan. It’s too bad because I have an earlier 2GB SanDisk Cruzer which is really user-friendly and I just wanted a backup If I can’t use this new 8GB SanDisk Glide as a simple password-protected usb memory stick, I will return it to BestBuy. No, actually I will have to smash it with a hammer and throw it away because I already tried to load personal docs and don’t know whether the data is on there or not. So far I can’t figure out how to access them IF indeed they on there. It’s irresponsible for ScanDisk to put out a product like this which, because there are no clear instructions, is far from ■■■■■ proof.Thanks for any help. I know you are busy.

p.s. just tried to uninstall SanDisk Secure Access Manager. No luck. :frowning:

p.p.s. Finally figured out how to Uninstall. You have  click on the ScanDisk icon in the System Tray (far right side of Taskbar) and hit Exit. THEN it will let you Uninstall. What a hassle ScanDisk has make of this product.

If we delete the files, can we still Password Protect the contents of the USB memory?”

No.

“p.p.s. Finally figured out how to Uninstall. You have  click on the ScanDisk icon in the System Tray (far right side of Taskbar) and hit Exit. THEN it will let you Uninstall. What a hassle ScanDisk has make of this product.”

Whole lot easier to just delete the files on the drive.  There is no installation.

:frowning:

@hazel wrote:

I recently purchased a Cruzer USB 2.0 16 GB Flash Drive. There are files already on it.   Can I delete them?

I have a SacDisk cruzer 8gb flash drive and went to use it for the first time the other day.  When I put it in the USB port, it showed two folders and two files on it.  I thought I had to run the RunClubSanDisk.exe before I could use the flash drive, so I clicked on the .exe to install it.  Seemed to be going fine, then gave me an error message that the install had stopped.  Now I have a white square in the middle of my screen with “Club SanDisk customizing…” and a timer icon. I cannot get rid of it and cannot do anything else until I get rid of the SanDisk window.  How can I get rid of it, make it stop “running”.

I realize now that it is not necessary to install club SanDisk to transfer files with the flash drive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Need to be able to use my computer.

Ctrl+Alt+Del should work.

You would think it would.  I’ve tried that several times.  It doesn’t show up in my Applications list so I can end the task.  Any other suggestions?

hmmmm  Try RIGHT clicking on the TaskBar then selecting Start Task Manager.  Within Task Manager look in the Applications tab for the SanDisk app(s).  RIGHT click on them then on End task. 

Ed,

I know you can’t see me, but I am bowing down to you.  That did it.  Thank you!  Thank you!

Thank you for the update.  And happy to hear you got the problem resolved.

Up for this. Finally! Good luck buddy.