MyPassport 500GB WDBKXH5000ABK - Unable to transfer files

Hi,

I bought my external harddrive 2 months ago in september and have been using it for my larger files and just general files like music. 2 weeks ago the harddrive started to slow down so I took all the files off of it and reformatted the harddrive. After reformatting I tried to copy the files back onto the hard drive around about 1.5gb through the transfer I get a 0x8007045D windows I/O error and windows asks me to reformat the drive, disconnecting and reconnecting the drive seems to fix that but files will not copy as they run into the I/O error again and windows ask to reformat again. The drive fails any diagnostic test I try to run on it as it runs into the I/O error in the process. I opened a support case on the 18 of November but have no response, So I thought i’d try here. 

Edit: I have also tried on other computers and get same results. Also checked cables are working with other My Passport drive.

Kind Regards,

Dcrui3

Hello dcrui3, Try running a test with DLG. With this tool you can verify if the Passport has any hardware problems. 

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows 

Hi Ichigo,

Ive run the test and as soon as I start the test the test fails. SMART status is ‘fail’ as well. Images below.

Hi again, unfortunately the Passport appears to be faulty. You can check the link below for the steps to replace it or you can also contact support so they can create the replacement order for you. 

How to get an RMA, (Return Merchandise Authorization) or replace a defective product under warranty 

http:///support.wdc.com/contact/contact.asp?lang=en

1 Like