Music Shuffling.

Hi, I bought the wireless stick as a solution to my problem: I own a lot of music. Too much to store on my microSD slot-less S6 edge. I thought “Hey, this thing says you can stream music. That sounds perfect.”

Bought the stick, downloaded the app and connected. Easy. 

Much to my disappointment I find that the app only seems to be able to shuffle music in one folder. I have about 9000 songs so putting them all in one folder isn’t really viable. Is there anything I’m missing? A way a third party app can access music on the stick perhaps? 

If not is it likely a device wide shuffle will ever be added? I don’t seem to be the only one with this concern.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have SanDisk’s Wireless Media Drive (big brother to the stick). If you start playing music from say, an album and put it on shuffle, it will only shuffle & play the songs in that album (folder). If however, you go to the song list and pick one at random to start, it will shuffle & play from the entire collection.

The 2 devices should work similarly enough to where this should help.

No, the Wireless stick cannot shuffle music that is in different folders. The Wireless stick is more designed for file transfers and data storage and shuttling files from mobile devices to a computer. it can play music but the music player is pretty simple and not very feature rich. The Media drive is more designed for media and has a much more robust music player built in. Along with shuffling all music across folders you can also create playlists, browse by ID3 tag etc. 

1 Like

@drlucky wrote:

No, the Wireless stick cannot shuffle music that is in different folders. The Wireless stick is more designed for file transfers and data storage and shuttling files from mobile devices to a computer. it can play music but the music player is pretty simple and not very feature rich. The Media drive is more designed for media and has a much more robust music player built in. Along with shuffling all music across folders you can also create playlists, browse by ID3 tag etc. 

Good to know . . . thanks for the explanation! :smiley:

I feel sick knowing can’t shuffle music.  That is the sole reason I bought this???

Why not return it and get the Wireless Media Drive instead? It’s more appropriate for your needs.

Right tool . . . right job as they say. :wink: