Music Not Displaying on Computer o.0

When i open my Fuze on my computer, the music doesnt display… It displays on my fuze (Menu->Folders->Internal Memory->MTP->Music), but just not on the computer…

I’ve tried it on 3 computers (windows xp, vista, and debian etch)… The music plays fine though…

When i go into the player’s properties, it says its 7.44gb / 7.61gb full… yet the Music folder is 0b. :S

Also, the songs have 2 other duplicates when it plays from the player. :S

Try switching the USB mode.

I have… i’ve tried MSC & MTP… :confused:

I guess, if i have to, i’ll format it…

Message Edited by kevinevans on 07-04-2009 01:17 PM

MSC mode should be read in My Computer or Computer

MTP mode should be read with Windows Media Player. 

How did you put the songs on? 

@kevinevans wrote:

When i open my Fuze on my computer, the music doesnt display… It displays on my fuze (Menu->Folders->Internal Memory->MTP->Music), but just not on the computer…

I’ve tried it on 3 computers (windows xp, vista, and debian etch)… The music plays fine though…

When i go into the player’s properties, it says its 7.44gb / 7.61gb full… yet the Music folder is 0b. :S

Also, the songs have 2 other duplicates when it plays from the player. :S

Small note by a Linux user:

It appears that you have put on the music via MTP enabled application - that is why you see it on your Fuze under … MTP->Music folder. Therefore you must connect the Fuze in MTP mode to your computer and use an application which speeks MTP - like WMP on M$ windows - to access the files. You can force the Fuze to use MTP connection by choosing the right mode under "Settings -> System Settings -> USB Mode. I believe that using WMP (I think you need version >=10) would be the easiest approach for you as you have a windows system at hand and very likely have copied your files to the player the same way.

Unfortunately the libmtp libraries shipped with Debian Etch and Lenny are not supporting the Fuze. You could however backport the newer libmtp8 from Debian Sid and recompile an MTP application - which I did just for fun with rhythmbox. It is fairly easy to do and works fine but I prefer to operate my Fuze in MSC USB connection all the time.