Micro SD Cards

Is there much of a difference in terms of speed between a Class 2 and Class 4/6 for the 32gb Micro SD cards? I currently have a 16gb that is probably a Class 2. When entering a playlist it does take a second or so between entering songs but it’s not that great of a pause. I recently bought a Class 2 card on ebay so I hope it won’t be a problem.

In reading the card (I.e. playing music) there’s absolutely no difference. The higher Class, or speed of the cards only pertain to the writing to the card, mainly used in digital cameras for quick succession or follow-up shots. You may notice a slight decrease in the time it takes to transfer music files to the card, but that’s it.

I hope you bought from a US (and reputable) dealer on eBay. We’ve been hearing from a lot of folks who have gotten burned with fake and/or conuterfeit cards coming out of China bought off of eBay. The pirates are using 2 or 4GB cards and making them appear as either 16 or 32GB cards. How much did you ppay for it?

In reading the card (I.e. playing music) there’s absolutely no difference. The higher Class, or speed of the cards only pertain to the writing to the card, mainly used in digital cameras for quick succession or follow-up shots. You may notice a slight decrease in the time it takes to transfer music files to the card, but that’s it.

I hope you bought from a US (and reputable) dealer on eBay. We’ve been hearing from a lot of folks who have gotten burned with fake and/or conuterfeit cards coming out of China bought off of eBay. The pirates are using 2 or 4GB cards and making them appear as either 16 or 32GB cards. How much did you pay for it?

The various “class” ratings are guaranteed minimum write speeds in megabytes (megabits?) per second, so they really don’t have much (if any) impact on playback. It may take longer to transfer your files to the card, but that’s about it.