Jammed Power Switch

So today, the power switch on my Sansa Fuze jammed and won’t go past Unlock. Locking & Unlocking works fine, though. I just can’t turn it on/off. The only way to turn it on is to plug it into my computer, and wait a few minutes before it shuts off (Idling is set to two minutes before shutting off in Rockbox).

I haven’t dropped it or anything, so I have no clue how that happened.

I imagine the only way to fix it is to take it apart?

Thanks.

Which firmware are you specifically talking about? Rockbox, the original firmware, or perhaps both?

Try resetting the device by holding the power button down untill the unit shuts itself down.

@halonachos117 wrote:

Which firmware are you specifically talking about? Rockbox, the original firmware, or perhaps both?

Try resetting the device by holding the power button down untill the unit shuts itself down.

The firmware the OP is using is irrelevant. And he cannot hold the power button down as he has a Fuze with the power sliding switch on the side. Down is LOCKED, which he says is working fine. Pressing the switch UP (spring-loaded) is what turns the unit on or off, which he says is stuck and will not move to the upper position.

@tapeworm wrote:

The firmware the OP is using is irrelevant. And he cannot hold the power button down as he has a Fuze with the power sliding switch on the side. Down is LOCKED, which he says is working fine. Pressing the switch UP (spring-loaded) is what turns the unit on or off, which he says is stuck and will not move to the upper position.

Right, my bad. I forgot we were talking about the Fuze, as opposed to the Fuze+.

Anyway, maybe THIS Rockbox post will help. I know it’s not quite the same issue, but perhaps its worth a try.

I’m looking into this as a mechanical issue. If the springs are busted, it needs to be a professional to fix this. Have you tried to inquire about the warranty yet?

With the Fuze beng discontinued for several years now, it’s unlikely the manufacturer’s warranty would still be valid.