How to display current time?

Hello there,

Sorry for this “newbie” question but how to diplay the curent time on the screen?

The way I’m doing now is going to settings -> system settings -> time but this is to set the time, I guess.

Is there any aesier way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not and one can wonder why there is a date and time setting in the player without a clear purpose. I had hoped that Sandisk would add the possibility to show the current time in a firmware update because it would be a really useful feature but no…

My impression is that they really don’t care about improving this little player at all even when there is a possibility to do so.

Sport has larger screen than zip but this can’t display the time ??? Very disappointed about sport !!

Many of us are and it’s a very basic player. The inability to show current time is remarkable and it needs a lot of workarounds to be useful but it has some strengths too: Cheap to by, good battery life, great design (IMO) and a bigger screen than previous models. I own a Clip+ and Clip Zip too and they are clearly much, much better players but nonetheless I find myself using the Sport most of the time because of the better battery life.

Many of us are and it’s a very basic player. The inability to show current time is remarkable and it needs a lot of workarounds to be useful but it has some strengths too: Cheap to buy, good battery life, good audio quality, great design (IMO) and a bigger screen than previous models. I own a Clip+ and Clip Zip too and they are clearly much, much better players but nonetheless I find myself using the Sport most of the time because of its better battery life.

Will Sandisk give us a firmware upgrade with this “feature” ? Or never ?

It seems highly unlikely that there will be any new features introduced in future firmware revisions for the Clip Sport.

I wouldn’t hold my breath. It is what it is. If it works for you, great. If not, get a more full-featured player. :wink: