Guess what?

Ahahah, no no, don’t worry, I will not bother Saratoga…

But if I win lottery, I promise I will buy a V2 for him.

I understood all what you guys told me. I know I am a bit obsessive, it is in my nature to be extremely detail-lover and if I get a very good device but I know that for same price I could have get a “better one” (better for my tastes and needs) I tend to forget that what I got is good enough.

It is a psicological mechanism.

For example, if you want to buy something which costs 60 bucks just near your house or 30 bucks at twenty blocks from your house, you would surely walk those twenty blocks, isn’t it?

But if it costed 1000 bucks near your house and 1030 at twenty blocks?

They are the same 30 bucks less… But they do not look the same anymore, isn’t it?

By the way, I was able to try a Ipod nano. Second or third generation; no idea, it is the squared one; I like its sound more than Fuze V2 because it is bright and open but not cold, even if not so warm either. It is a well balanced sound. Anyway, I must tell that the difference is on not in “quality”; I mean, Fuze does not sound bad AT ALL. It is just a matter of EQ settings, I mean that if only Fuze had a better EQ, or RB support, it could easily match Ipod sound.

But the price quality of Fuze seems to be just great…

Also, it has got microsd slot!

Anyway Ipod has got one thing which I hope Sandisk will improve in next firmare as I think it is so simple and obvious which may surely be achived with a firmware upgrade: when you browse by artist in Ipod, you can see all the albums of this artists more a “all songs” options. You can enter there and see all the songs and pick one. In fuze there is not this possibility. You can enter on an allbum and see the songs on that album, but there is no “all songs” option; just a “play all” option which directly play all; you can’ pick the song you want. So, if you have many albums of an artist and you lok for a song and don’t remember which album it belongs to, well…

Thanks for the patience guys… and thanks a lot for the help!!!

:) 

I have decided that if I canI will take the V1… and I’ll let you know…

Just one thing more: that guy on ABI said that he had two V1, one was older type and was clipping. How can I know which kind of V1 I am getting?

Consider that I will be able to turn device on and look for firmware etc…

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 01-31-2010 12:52 PM

I’m surprised you like the Nano sound better. I turned to Sansa after I tried both a Nano and a Sansa E200.  I compared them thoroughly and thought the Sansa had by far better sound. That was a few generations back for the Nano, though.  Possibly they’ve improved it, or possibly they’ve found a sound signature that happens to appeal to you and/or your particular headphones.

Meanwhile,  you’re right–the Nano still doesn’t have a microSD slot (or FM radio or voice recorder or sensible price).

[Edit–oops, I’m a generation behind…]

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 01-31-2010 02:52 PM

The new 5th generation Nano does in fact have FM and voice recorder.  It also has games and other frilly stuff.  I bought one for my niece (now, I’m her favorite uncle!).  They retail for $150, but can be had for around $130 (got mine for $100 new).  Unfortunately, I did not compare the sound 1-1 to the Fuze.  But, from memory, it did not sound extrordinarily better than the Fuze.  I did not buy one for myself because I don’t need all that frilly stuff.  I just want a simple interface with great sound.  The Fuze does all that and well (and at a much fairer price).  The other reason I won’t buy a Nano for myself is that the price for accessories are exhorbitantly high.  They just try to ■■■■ you into all that extra stuff that ends up costing you an arm and leg.  It might be good for a teenager, but not for me.

ggin1

@ggin1 wrote:

The Fuze does all that and well (and at a much fairer price).  The other reason I won’t buy a Nano for myself is that the price for accessories are exhorbitantly high.  They just try to ■■■■ you into all that extra stuff that ends up costing you an arm and leg.  It might be good for a teenager, but not for me.

ggin1

Agree 100%.  Well said.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:33 PM

I am Gemini. Dual core processor. Also, I am ascendant Scorpio (which is a double too), so; dual core and dual channel…

I have good multitasking capabilities.

:slight_smile:

I am worrying about many things for my travels. MP3 is not really something which worries me too much, I just want to dedicate a certain time to this matter now, to not have to think anymore about it later…

I read in ABI: The early V1(Rev. 1.13) has some rather unwanted problems/qualities in my book. It is very LOUD(not necessarily a bad thing), BUT this kills the Bass quality, and causes the unit to “skip”-sound cuts out- at higher volumes. I believe this is due to a higher current drain on the battery, since this happens all the time except on a full charge. EDIT: This seems to be fixed in later V1 models(Rev 1.41)…there are different revisions of the V1 circuit boards.

What the hell does it means? THe guy had two V1 and enough time and crazyness (or genious) dto disassemble the two of them? And now how am I supposed to kno, just from system info, the kind of hardware revision of the V1 I will have (to decide if it worths choosing it instead of V2. Don’t like the idea of clipping)…

About NANO, no idea guys, I think Fuze is much more worthing, I just says that Fuze V2 has got same sound quality as the nano I’ve tried; butNANO had  more balanced EQ setting, meaning that in Fuze I am forced to choose between a warm and vibrant but closed sound or a bright and open but cold sound, and no personalized EQ works. In NANO I had a not so warm but no cold at all, and still powerfull, and open bright clear sound.

I believe it is just EQ setting and I am really sad that Sansa do not give a Fuze V2 or some Fuze V2 to Rockbox developers…

**bleep**.

You’re a little obsessed with the Fuze, San Discolo.  But you brought up a good point (easily missed by others) and that is not all V1’s sound the same!  I have two V1’s, while two others are in storage (still in box).  The two I mainly use do not sound the same!  One is definitely warmer than the other, while the other has better separation.  Go figure…  

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 02-09-2010 12:57 PM

Ah, so it is true…

Anyway, sadly, the seller was not able to find any MP3 nor here or in the Miami contact they have.

So, I tried ther E270 in 5 minutes (seller was so kind to install rockbox for me), and I was noticing any hiss or noise of any kind, but I had no time to understand how to handle the rockbox eq and other sound tweakers, so I finally kept Fuze, as it seemed to me in that moment that E270 was not able to separate sound enough. And even if they were sounding the same, well, Fuze is much nicer…

So, here I am, playng around with fuze Eq…

I am getting used to its warm sound, but I still wish it could be more open and separated…

BTW, I am using EQ setting 3-6-3-9-9… with the last one at 12 it is too much…

I will try now with 6-3-3-6-9 or 6-3-3-9-9 and I´ll let you know…

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 02-09-2010 04:51 PM

San_Discolo wrote:

Ah, so it is true…

Anyway, sadly, the seller was not able to find any MP3 nor here or in the Miami contact they have.

So, I tried ther E270 in 5 minutes (seller was so kind to install rockbox for me), and I was noticing any hiss or noise of any kind, but I had no time to understand how to handle the rockbox eq and other sound tweakers, so I finally kept Fuze, as it seemed to me in that moment that E270 was not able to separate sound enough. And even if they were sounding the same, well, Fuze is much nicer…

So, here I am, playng around with fuze Eq…

I am getting used to its warm sound, but I still wish it could be more open and separated…

BTW, I am using EQ setting 3-6-3-9-9… with the last one at 12 it is too much…

I will try now with 6-3-3-6-9 or 6-3-3-9-9 and I´ll let you know…

Message Edited by San_Discolo on 02-09-2010 04:51 PM

I still say the same…the custom EQ is terrible, either Normal or Jazz are the only good settings. :wink:

EQ settings are certainly subjective.  They also depend on your earphones or amplifier.  Normal has the most presence, but lacks some lows.  Jazz has a crisp sound, but is a little too hissy.  I wish Sansa would show the settings of their EQ pre-sets.  That way, we could adjust from there.  However, it may be that these presets may be from the main processor and not post-processed.

ggin1

Message Edited by ggin1 on 02-09-2010 07:47 PM

Yes, I guess it must be something like that… If not, why nobody can reproducethesound of Normal andJazz settings bychanging thepersonalizedsettings?

mmm,i amsorry, it is an old notebook,spaceisnot workingproperly…

at all.

I owned the first harddrive mp3 player by Archos and it was also the very first project by the Rockbox folks.

Rockbox on the Archos was so much better than the original firmware (and better than the Fuze) that If I could load Rockbox on my v2 Fuze, I would would do it immediately.

Sansa, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE open up the v2 Fuze.  You’re not in the “firmware” business, you’re not selling bits, you’re selling HARDWARE.  Let us put whatever firmware we want on the hardware.