Fuze vs Clip

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy either a 4gb clip or a 4gb fuze, both new, both the same price. I am trying to figure out which one to buy.  I would be using it mainly for music.  Video and pics are secondary but it might be nice to have the option.  I was hoping to get a few suggestions.  I would be using it mainly in my truck through my stereo.

Am I crazy not to get the fuze?!?

Thanks.

i would go with the fuze because of the option to use a mircosd card for extra memory

Of the 2 I love the clip more, just because it’s so straightforward and a real pleasure to use.  I don’t need bells and whistles, I just want stuff to work and I also really adore the clip on the clip (lol).  But the sd card slot on the fuze is very useful, especially if this is going to be your only dap. 

If I had to give one up it would be the fuze, basically.

Fuze

General

• Sansa Fuze: Users Guide
  • Product type: Portable Media Player
  • Dimensions: 3.1 x 1.9 x 0.3 in. (HxWxD)
  • PC interface(s) supported: Hi-Speed USB
  • Available Colors: Black, Red, Blue, Silver(8GB only)
  • Flash memory installed: 2,4,8GB
  • Additonal Memory: supports microSD(HC)

Video

Radio

• Tuner type: Digital Radio tuner
  • Present Quantity: 40
  • Tuning display: LCD

Digital Player / Recorder

• Digital audio standards: MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM)

Battery

• Battery: Rechargeable
  • Battery Type: Li-Polymer (not replacable)
  • Battery Enclosure Type: Internal
  • Battery Life Details:  Up to 24 hours of audio playback / 5 hours of video playback

Audio System

• Sound output mode: Stereo

Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)

• Cable(s) included: 1x 30 pin proprietary to USB cable

System Requirements

• Peripheral / Interface devices: CD-ROM, USB port
    Minimum Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP, Linux and Mac OS (under MSC mode)

Connections

• Connector type:  1x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, 1 x USB

Microphone

• Microphone type: Built-in

Headphones

• Headphones type: Binaural Sound
  • Output mode: Stereo
  • Connectivity Technology: Wired

Clip

General

• Sansa Clip: Users Guide 
  • Product type: Digital player / radio
  • PC interface(s) supported: Hi-Speed USB
  • Flash memory installed: 1,2,4 GB Integrated

Radio

• Tuner type: Digital Radio tuner
  • Station preset qty: 40
  • Tuner bands: FM
  • Tuning display: OLED

Digital Player / Recorder

• Digital audio standards: MP3, WMA, Audible, Protected WMA (DRM)

Battery

• Battery: Rechargeable
  • Battery Enclosure Type: Internal
  • Battery Life Details: MP3 playback 15 hour(s)

Audio System

• Sound output mode: Stereo
  • Sound pressure level: Left ear;92.9dB // Right ear;94.7dB // Maximum Limit: 100dB

Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)

• Cable(s) included: 1x USB to mini-USB

System Requirements

• Peripheral / Interface devices: CD-ROM, USB port
  • Minimum Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP SP2

Connections

• Connector type:  1 x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm, 1 x USB

Microphone

• Microphone type: Built-in

Headphones

• Headphones type: Binaural Sound
  • Output mode: Stereo
  • Connectivity Technology: Wired

Besides the obvious feature-set differences, there is the form factor.  The clip is a very, very small device and extremely portable; the fuze a bit less so.  It boils down to whether the size consideration is a major factor.

Size is not a huge issue.  Even the Fuze is pretty compact.  I have heard alot of good things about the sound quality of the clip, is the Fuze just as good?

@marlboro wrote:

Size is not a huge issue.  Even the Fuze is pretty compact.  I have heard alot of good things about the sound quality of the clip, is the Fuze just as good?

Yep… So, if size isn’t a main consideration, I agree with some of the others and get the fuze as it has the benefit of having the expansion slot…and video capability.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 04-17-2009 04:12 PM

I’ll probably go with the fuze.  How is the video quality?

Its OK it depend on your eyes people have different opinion for me the video is above average it like watching video on youtube regular quality

I’d have to go with the Fuze. The clip is just slightly too small (I loved that about it, but I accidentaly lost it), and the Fuze has a little weight, so I can tell if it is not in my pocket.

But… the Clip has a cable 3 million other things use, so they’re not hard to find at all. I just wish the Fuze had that. It has it’s own cable.

the fuze has it own unique cable on like those other devices where everything is the same

@saxmaster765 wrote:
But… the Clip has a cable 3 million other things use, so they’re not hard to find at all. I just wish the Fuze had that. It has it’s own cable.

The 30 pin cable the fuze uses are the same as those used by the e200 series, Connect, and View (I know those models for sure), so that makes it a little easier to come by. However it can also be confusing because it looks like the Ipod cable (ITS NOT IPOD CABLES WILL FRY YOUR SANSA). But its still not easy all the time. The Clip uses a standard mini-usb connections. Here is the thing to consider, the cable on the fuze is a bigger connector and is more rare but it is what allows you to do the video transfer and the photos (these are harder with the mini-usb). 

@conversionbox wrote:

(ITS NOT IPOD CABLES WILL FRY YOUR SANSA

…Or the sansa cable will fry your iPod! Someone asked me if they could borrow my sansa cable to charge their ipod. I told him it wouldnt fit or work. It fit the guys 4G nano, so he plugged it into a pc and the nano shut off, rapidly heated up, and smelled like a burned ic.:dizzy_face:

@agalloch wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

(ITS NOT IPOD CABLES WILL FRY YOUR SANSA

…Or the sansa cable will fry your iPod! Someone asked me if they could borrow my sansa cable to charge their ipod. I told him it wouldnt fit or work. It fit the guys 4G nano, so he plugged it into a pc and the nano shut off, rapidly heated up, and smelled like a burned ic.:dizzy_face:

Good Point… Hope tha guy felt stupid for not listening to you.