Fuze or Clip+ for my wife?

Don’t use the Sansa Updater at all. Remove it from your computer, it is completely a waste of space and resources. Just do the manual firmware install, instructions are in the first post of the firmware thread. :wink:

Here’s what’s listed in the firmware update thread:

Sansa Fuze Firmware 01.02.28 download and installation instructions

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download  <=== I used this one
All Regions - Click here to download

Should I use the “All Regions” download instead?  What’s the difference between the two downloads?

Thanks,

Sky

Skyrider ,

You make an interesting point there.  The firmware update region is chosen on the device itself following installation.  Previous firmware releases differed, necessitating a choice of version.

Just click on the “all regions” link, and following transfer to your Fuze, the region selection option will automatically pop up, when the Fuze is restarted for the first time.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

You make an interesting point there.  The firmware update region is chosen on the device itself following installation.  Previous firmware releases differed, necessitating a choice of version.

Just click on the “all regions” link, and following transfer to your Fuze, the region selection option will automatically pop up, when the Fuze is restarted for the first time.

I downloaded the “all regions” firmware and unzipped it to the .bin file.  That file installed properly on the Fuze so it is now at Firmware version 01.01.28.

I tried playing the same song which was stopping and still remained on the fuze.  It still stopped.  So I deleted that song and used Adobe Audition to convert the 4800 wav file (same one I used before) to .mp3 at 192 bitrate and 4800 sample rate again.  Loaded the latest conversion into the Fuze and it plays properly all the way to the end.

Maybe the song had to be “loaded after” the upgrade to take advantage of the upgrade.  I donno.  Will see what happens from here.

Thanks,

Sky (with fingers crossed)