Fuze Battery Significantly decreased (Yes,I know theres about 6 billion of these)

I have had my Sansa Fuze for approximately 2 month and I love this thing. The battery life was never near the 24 hours advertised and I’m fine with that. I’m currently recieving about 16 hours per charge, but I’m hoping to raise it to 20. Heres a few details about my usage patterns:

• Music is at 192-320 kbps
  • Headphones are small, inner-ear buds
  • Brightness is all the way down
  • I hit next a lot =(
  • Screen is set to shut off 5 seconds and te Fuze is set to sleep in 10
  • No MicroSD inserted

I know the two most prominent reasons are higher encoding rates and hitting next but I would think it would still be about 20 hours.

I have tried a complete cycle and I am on the most recent firmware.

Any Advice?

Youll only get 24 Hours if you are using MP3,  128Kbps content.

@senpai3330 wrote:

I have had my Sansa Fuze for approximately 2 month and I love this thing. The battery life was never near the 24 hours advertised and I’m fine with that. I’m currently recieving about 16 hours per charge, but I’m hoping to raise it to 20. Heres a few details about my usage patterns:

• Music is at 192-320 kbps
  • Headphones are small, inner-ear buds
  • Brightness is all the way down
  • I hit next a lot =(
  • Screen is set to shut off 5 seconds and te Fuze is set to sleep in 10
  • No MicroSD inserted

I know the two most prominent reasons are higher encoding rates and hitting next but I would think it would still be about 20 hours.

I have tried a complete cycle and I am on the most recent firmware.

Any Advice?

Maybe take the songs you don’t want to hear off the Fuze, so you’re not hitting next all the time :wink:

if you have sleep set to 10 (mins?) isn’t the fuze shutting down every 10 (mins?)? hmmmm

@noki wrote:
if you have sleep set to 10 (mins?) isn’t the fuze shutting down every 10 (mins?)? hmmmm

Only if it is not ‘actively’ playing & on pause.

If the above tips don’t help, charge it all the way up, then leave it endlessly playing music overnight until it automatically shuts off from being on low battery, then charge it all the way up uninterupted (until the lightening bolt goes away and the battery icon stops flashing).

But I have to agree that the music is probably the culprit. Your music is at a high bitrate. To get the most out of your battery, use MP3 format at 128Kbps or lower. 

16 hours is good ~~~

my fuze may be 10 hours.