Visualizations for the Fuze.

How about adding Winamp stye “visualizations” to the Fuze.

Promise not to complain about battery life dropping by a factor of 10?

My battery life is only like 10 hours when listening to only music, it ■■■■■.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

10 hours, for a Fuze? SOmething is not right. I can get over 10 with my Clip.

Try updating the firmware (or rolling back to an older firmware if you already have the latest version). It seems that battery life varies with every firmware revision. 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

So, what could cause this?

1. batteries degrade over time (was it better when new?)
  1. What kind of music file?  I’d guess that FLAC is the highest drain.  Usually high bitrates are more.  mp3 vs wma vs ogg on some players mp3 is the least drain, but will depend on software and processor.
  1. Percentage of time the display is on is a big factor.  Set to a short timeout, and don’t fidget with the controls (which turns it on every time) 

@donp wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

1. What kind of music file?  I’d guess that FLAC is the highest drain.  Usually high bitrates are more.  mp3 vs wma vs ogg on some players mp3 is the least drain, but will depend on software and processor.
  1. Percentage of time the display is on is a big factor.  Set to a short timeout, and don’t fidget with the controls (which turns it on every time) 

You’re right, skipping songs or messing with volume, etc. the display comes on . Brightness level makes a big difference too. Even how high your volume is set makes a difference. And using the custom EQ is a drain on the battery too.

@donp wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@shenanagins1091 wrote:

I play nothing but high bit rate FLAC and ogg vorbis files on my fuze and I get about 16 hours of battery life…but I don’t fiddle with the player much when it is playing and the screen is set to it’s lowest brightness setting.

It’s been a problem since I got the player, I lose about 11% of battery and hour. I have 50% brightness and 65% volume, and the backlight is 5 seconds and I only use the player when I change artist. I am using the custom EQ, but before I did it was a problem anyway.