FM Recording static

added it to my favs… right now i’m recording that columbia stream, on my pc but i’ll check it out tomorrow.

(even though it sounds so much better on my fuze… haha  

Im there All night tuesday thru Saturday.

Ok i’m convinced it has nothing to do with the strenght of the radio signal now.    It must be some interference with that 89.9 fm frequency that the sansa fuze picks up in my area when recording is started.

i can record a much weaker signal with no probs… if i stand still in a certain spot to get good reception.  very strange.

also i notice while scrolling around on menus makes weird interference noises while listening to this one particular radio station.

for instance scrolling on the record menu or music lists,  evertime i move the wheel it causes a slight screech or static noise.

i know i’m really **bleep** i can’t help it.   I’m just so ready to go and exchange this for another fuze to make sure its not the player itself, just to ease my mind.

although on the forum for the radio station i’m trying to record… someone have responded to me with similar issues on their sansa,  so i guess i should just drop it. nothing i can prolly do.

http://www.psanyc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2103#2103

Pretty frustrating. Same thing is happening to me. The station I want to get is an all-night pirate station. Comes in static-free with a little fiddling, but soon as I hit that “record” button it swallows the station up in a big “swoop.” Doesnt’ seem like a signal strength issue so much as a frequency shift. But it could be interference, either internal or external, on that frequency. I’ll have to move around a bit more and see if I can get it to record again. It worked for me on that freq once, but I don’t know exatly where I was or what other things in the house were or were not on at the time. At least the fact that this happens to others makes me feel a little less crazy…not really better, but less crazy.

I’ll post something if I ever get it to record this station again.

Otherwise, I’m really happy with my Fuze. The recording function is great not only for FM, but for recording meetings, practice and jam sessions, notes, etc. Working with videos is a bit problematic, but then videos are a pain period. Too many proprietary formats.

GG