Firmware suggestion

How about having a setting for dat and night, considering that you don’t need the blue light to be on during the day when your changing options ect. Would save on battery in my opnion. Also how about more EQ settings such as a setting for Metal, Punk, and Folk music. The custom EQ is a pain when you have 3500 tracks of all different styles on it. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. LONG LIVE FUZE!!!

Both ideas, while good ones, have been suggested (in some cases, numerous times) before in one of the other multiple firmware ideas/suggestions threads.

Had you perused or read any of these, you would have seen this and another new thread started on this same subject would not have been necessary.

You just started a thread titled Future Firmware Suggestions 2 days ago with your idea for an alarm clock feature (which btw is also good, but has also been suggested before). What was wrong with putting this suggestion in that thread?

Or even in the entire board expressly dedicated to (and specifically created for) this subject:

The Product Feature Suggestions board?

Both ideas, while good ones, have been suggested (in some cases, numerous times) before in one of the other multiple firmware ideas/suggestions threads.

Had you perused or read any of these, you would have seen this and another new thread started on this same subject would not have been necessary.

You just started a thread titled Future Firmware Suggestions 2 days ago with your idea for an alarm clock feature (which btw is also good, but has also been suggested before). What was wrong with putting this suggestion in that thread?

Or even in the entire board expressly dedicated to (and specifically created for) this subject:

The Product Feature Suggestions board?

Your ideas are appreciated & certainly welcome, but please try to avoid starting multiple threads on the same subject. It’s difficult and confusing enough for new members here without adding to the complexity. It’s also one reason more don’t use the Search feature here. Too many results scattered in too many different threads. :wink:

I agree, but there needs to be a single thread dedicated to new inputs on new firmware features without having to read through 2 or 300 posts even with using the search feature. There should really be sub-forums this would make redundant posting almost non-existant. The way the board is setup now it is quicker to just start another thread with a suggestion. Thats why I’ve been doing multiple post like that. Also the firmware thread has now become more of a rant and rave that the firmware isn’t out on the exact day that sansafix hinted around when it would be out. Better layout and moderators are a must for a smooth running board. Thats my 2 cents for what its worth, :slight_smile:

*Steps down off of soapbox*

I"m sorry for my part in the off-topic posts in the firmware update thread. Check it now. The new firmware has been slated for this week!:smileyvery-happy:

@bleargest wrote:

I agree, but (1.) there needs to be a single thread dedicated to new inputs on new firmware features without (2.) having to read through 2 or 300 posts even with using the search feature. (3.) There should really be sub-forums (4.) this would make redundant posting almost non-existant. The way the board is setup now (5.) it is quicker to just start another thread with a suggestion. Thats why I’ve been doing multiple post like that. Also (6.) the firmware thread has now become more of a rant and rave that the firmware isn’t out on the exact day that sansafix hinted around when it would be out. (7.) Better layout and moderators are a must for a smooth running board. Thats my 2 cents for what its worth, :slight_smile:

(1.) There already is. It’s called the Product Feature Suggestions board, as previously suggested.

(2.) Reading and/or searching for an answer before posting is called being a resposible forum community member, and everyone is expected to do this. Part of the reason there may be 300 posts or results is that the same information is located in that many differnet places on the board. Why? Because people start un-necessary threads and ask the same questions over & over again without bothering to look first.

(3.) How many do you want? In the afore-mentioned Product Feature Suggestions board, there are already countless ‘sub-forums’, each a different thread, and room for plenty more.

(4.) With more boards would come even more duplicate and redundant posting. People need to use the forum as it was designed for, and post appropriately and in the correct location.

(5.) No, it is not. And even if it were, just because it’s quicker doesn’t make it the right or responsible thing to do.

(6.) Sadly, this is true. But that’s not what we’re discussing here and that thread would not be the correct place to suggest new firmware ideas anyway. That thread is for discussing that particular firmware update. Nothing else.

(7.) I don’t know about this. It seems this board has been running very smoothly as-is on it’s own for some time now. Sure, there are minor bumps in the road, but that’s going to happen regardless of the degree of moderation and managerial intervention.

From the Forum Rules & Guidelines:

[Quote] We believe it is best to let a community flourish and grow without policing, however, Moderators and Administrators will be monitoring the forum to ensure rules are not being violated. [Un-quote]

This means that they (the administrators of this forum) are assuming we are mature and responible enough and are allowing us to police ourselves without involvement from them unless absolutely necessary. Which is as it should be. If people behave themselves, follow common sense guidelines and post responsibly, there should be no need for outside moderation.

@bleargest wrote:

I agree, but

(1.) there needs to be a single thread dedicated to new inputs on new firmware features without

(2.) having to read through 2 or 300 posts even with using the search feature.

(3.) There should really be sub-forums

(4.) this would make redundant posting almost non-existant. The way the board is setup now

(5.) it is quicker to just start another thread with a suggestion. Thats why I’ve been doing multiple post like that. Also

(6.) the firmware thread has now become more of a rant and rave that the firmware isn’t out on the exact day that sansafix hinted around when it would be out.

(7.) Better layout and moderators are a must for a smooth running board. Thats my 2 cents for what its worth, :smiley:

(1.) There already is. It’s called the Product Feature Suggestions board, as previously suggested.

(2.) Reading and/or searching for an answer before posting is called being a resposible forum community member, and everyone is expected to do this. Part of the reason there may be 300 posts or results is that the same information is located in that many differnet places on the board. Why? Because people start un-necessary threads and ask the same questions over & over again without bothering to look first.

(3.) How many do you want? In the afore-mentioned Product Feature Suggestions board, there are already countless ‘sub-forums’, each a different thread, and room for plenty more.

(4.) With more boards would come even more duplicate and redundant posting. People need to use the forum as it was designed for, and post appropriately and in the correct location.

(5.) No, it is not. And even if it were, just because it’s quicker doesn’t make it the right or responsible thing to do.

(6.) Sadly, this is true. But that’s not what we’re discussing here and that thread would not be the correct place to suggest new firmware ideas anyway. That thread is for discussing that particular firmware update. Nothing else.

(7.) I don’t know about this. It seems this board has been running very smoothly as-is on it’s own for some time now. Sure, there are minor bumps in the road, but that’s going to happen regardless of the degree of moderation and managerial intervention.

[Quote] We believe it is best to let a community flourish and grow without policing, however, Moderators and Administrators will be monitoring the forum to ensure rules are not being violated. [Un-quote]

This means that they (the administrators of this forum) are assuming we are mature and responible enough and are allowing us to police ourselves without involvement from them unless absolutely necessary. Which is as it should be. If people behave themselves, follow common sense guidelines and post responsibly, there should be no need for outside moderation.

@bleargest wrote:

I agree, but

(1.) there needs to be a single thread dedicated to new inputs on new firmware features without

(2.) having to read through 2 or 300 posts even with using the search feature.

(3.) There should really be sub-forums

(4.) this would make redundant posting almost non-existant. The way the board is setup now

(5.) it is quicker to just start another thread with a suggestion. Thats why I’ve been doing multiple post like that. Also

(6.) the firmware thread has now become more of a rant and rave that the firmware isn’t out on the exact day that sansafix hinted around when it would be out.

(7.) Better layout and moderators are a must for a smooth running board. Thats my 2 cents for what its worth, :smiley: