External Playlist problem

I really wanted to like this Clip Zip, having the original and then the + or plus, stepping up to each new offering.  When I got the Clip Zip and encountered the problem I thought ‘it must be me’ (I am not that tech savvy).  How could the playlist be functioning like this?  I thought I have to be missing something which is why I started this.    

When a moderator chimed in I read and re-read his comments.  When he/she says;  “Each model has unique features, tailored to the capabilities possible with each version …” it implies the problem(s) being discussed here can not be addressed by this version.  So this is a specific design feature of this version, not a flaw.  I find that hard to believe.

Is a Bug.

Downgrade Clip Zip to Firmware v01.01.12p

Open Winamp 2.9. Drag the Files from Player or SD-Card in the Winamp Window. Sort,  Save as m3u in the Music Folder Player or SD-Card Music Folder.

Work.Sample

Player Path PC

F:\MUSIC\New Age\Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\

Drag “Jean Michel Jarre” Folder in Winamp. Save m3u to

F:\MUSIC\New Age\

as Jean Michel Jarre Playlist.m3u

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:461,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part I)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 01 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part I).ogg
#EXTINF:459,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part II)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 02 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part II).ogg
#EXTINF:203,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part III)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 03 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part III).ogg

With lates Firmware not Work.With 12p Work.

Absolutely, it be a bug.  The Sansa is unique in that you can install a previous version of the firmware if needed.  Playlist functionality is one of the things I’m certain will be addressed in the future.

Don’t try to read too much into individual words, it’s like trying to read the tea leaves.  Where things really happen is inside the secret laboratory of development and testing.

Thinking of firmware, a new build should be coming soon.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@koto wrote:

Is a Bug.

Downgrade Clip Zip to Firmware v01.01.12p

Open Winamp 2.9. Drag the Files from Player or SD-Card in the Winamp Window. Sort,  Save as m3u in the Music Folder Player or SD-Card Music Folder.

Work.Sample

Player Path PC

F:\MUSIC\New Age\Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\

Drag “Jean Michel Jarre” Folder in Winamp. Save m3u to

F:\MUSIC\New Age\

as Jean Michel Jarre Playlist.m3u

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:461,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part I)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 01 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part I).ogg
#EXTINF:459,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part II)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 02 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part II).ogg
#EXTINF:203,Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part III)
Jean Michel Jarre\Jean Michel Jarre - 1977 - Oxygene\Track 03 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene (Part III).ogg

With lates Firmware not Work.With 12p Work.

And with the .12 firmware you get bursts of static between tracks half of the time…so this solution is a fail.

I hear no static bursts

With the early firmware, the static “burst” would happen when the device was parsing the header information in the file.  Depending upon your metadata, some files won’t exhibit the gllitch.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a solution in future firmware.

Bob  :wink: