Expansion Capacity of 4gb Clip+?

I purchased a 4gb Clip+, and planned to expand the capacity with a 32gb micro SDHC card.

I was unable to find any information about the capacity limit of the 4gb Clip+ prior to purchase - however, having now opened the player, there is a note that the capacity can be expanded up to 16gb.

Could anyone advise if the 4gb Clip+ is compatible with the 32gb micro SDHC card, or only up to a 16gb one?

Thanks!

@bridym wrote:

I purchased a 4gb Clip+, and planned to expand the capacity with a 32gb micro SDHC card.

I was unable to find any information about the capacity limit of the 4gb Clip+ prior to purchase - however, having now opened the player, there is a note that the capacity can be expanded up to 16gb.

Could anyone advise if the 4gb Clip+ is compatible with the 32gb micro SDHC card, or only up to a 16gb one?

Thanks!

I have a 4 GB Clip+ with a Sandisk 32 GB micro SDHC card. Works great - no problem at all.

When the Clip+ first came out, the largest Micro SD card available was 16GB. Subsequent to that the 32GB cards were released. You probably got one from older stock, which explains why the documentation still says only 16GB maximum size.

Your Clip+ player will indeed work with 32GB cards. I wouldn’t recommend anything faster than a Class 4 though. It’s an unnecessary additional cost and there have been reports of problems with some players. although they are usually with the Clip Zip, I wouldn’t risk it. Playback will be the same even with a Class 2 card.

In fact, if you want to re-format it, the latest 64GB cards will work too. :wink: