cruzer micro 16gb

hey some how when i formated my flash drive it reduced the capacity buy like 14gb can anyone help me get my flash drive to orginal capacity

Why did you format it if you don’t know how to format?  If it’s new it doesn’t need to be formated.

Sounds like you need to take it to a local pc shop that knows what they are doing.

@bub8953 wrote:

hey some how when i formated my flash drive it reduced the capacity buy like 14gb can anyone help me get my flash drive to orginal capacity

A 16GB drive is only going to have 14.8GB (or thereabouts) of available storage space on it. That’s the way it is.

But the OP said " it reduced the capacity buy like 14gb" which implied to me that the new formatted size is now 2GB, which I believe is a FAT16 limitation.

@ed_p wrote:

But the OP said " it reduced the capacity buy like 14gb" which implied to me that the new formatted size is now 2GB, which I believe is a FAT16 limitation.

Possibly.

My boss reformatted his Cruzer 32 gig because since it was FAT32 it wouldn’t recognize a large file he needed to put on the drive (About 9 gigs). Is it possible to reload the scandisk software back on? 

that is a limitation of the fat32 file system. here is a knowledgebase article with a solution.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/289/kw/transferring%20files%20larger%20than%204GB