converting WMV files for play on sansa fuze

I just need to know how to convert WMV files so that they can be transferred and played on the sansa fuze.  I am pretty new at this stuff, so a dumbed down version of whatever help you do give, would definitely be appreciated. 

Anybody know?  Anybody help?  I know this has already been asked a bunch…but I just need to know so I can play some videos for a trip i’m taking this weekend.  Please?!

@confused102003 wrote:
Anybody know?  Anybody help?  I know this has already been asked a bunch…but I just need to know so I can play some videos for a trip i’m taking this weekend.  Please?!

Ok. This is not a LIVE Chat, it is a message board. Sometimes it takes several hours to get an answer. This is because sometimes people dont know the answers to the problem. What you are gonna have to do is to convert them with a program like any-video-converter. I dont know if that one will work with WMV, but you need to try to get them to mpeg4 or avi files. Then Useing Sansa Media Converter add the files to the fuze.

thanks for the info.  and i’m sorry for sounding pushy…it’s just that I was on another forum for rhapsody and the replies were very quick…so i was just used to that.  Sorry, I wasn’t really sure how quick the responses were…new to the forum. 

So this any-video-converter, how do I go about obtaining it?  Just google and download from whatever site?  Again, thanks for the help…I do appreciate it.

Hold on… If you use rhapsody, try that It will actually do the video conversion for the Fuze. I dont know if WMV will work with it or not. If it dont work then just google any-video-converter.

With regard to speed, sometimes they are really quick some times they arnt. I forinstance had to do some looking around for a solution to your problem, but if I had more experiance with WMV files then I would have been able to post more quickly.

Hello again,

so I tried the any-video-converter.  It converted it fine to mpeg-4 for the Fuze.  However, when I go to convert using SMC, nothing happens.  And plus when I watched it in Quicktime (b/c that’s the only thing that WOULD play it on my comp), it was completely scrambled and same with the audio.  Awful.  haha!  So now I am not sure what to do.?!   So now, I’m going to try and convert it to an AVI file…who  knows?!

Message Edited by confused102003 on 02-27-2009 12:21 PM

Do you still have the origional file? If so try a different converter. WinAvi is a good one, but its not free.

See…I need a free one.  haha!  Do you think converting it to an AVI might work?

The full version is what costs money. They have a free download. And yeah try AVI.

ok thanks…I’ll let ya know

AVI didnt work…going to try out the other converter u mentioned

WinAVI converter did not work.

It could be the file itself. Try another video. Try and get other file types and try them.