Construction & Durability of Clip+

@jk98 wrote:

A player with two micro SDXC card slots would be cool, even if it can’t have internal storage.

Yes, that would be cool, but would the majority of people really want that much storage in a PMP?  That sounds like it would be more useful in a tablet PC.

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

A player with two micro SDXC card slots would be cool, even if it can’t have internal storage.

Yes, that would be cool, but would the majority of people really want that much storage in a PMP?  That sounds like it would be more useful in a tablet PC.

Yeah, one micro sdxc would be just fine, I think. Of course, there are many players with database limitations, and not just Sansas either…so folder browsing would end up being a necessity for a player with sdxc compatibility, unless the player had more RAM.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Yeah, one micro sdxc would be just fine, I think. Of course, there are many players with database limitations, and not just Sansas either…so folder browsing would end up being a necessity for a player with sdxc compatibility, unless the player had more RAM.

Yes, that and a search feature would also be a must-have.

Yep, Marvin, you’re likely right–Apple seems to be the only one interested in mega-storage, at least to start. I don’t really get it: once you’ve had the luxury of carrying all your music with you, it’s painful to go otherwise.

@miikerman wrote:
Yep, Marvin, you’re likely right–Apple seems to be the only one interested in mega-storage, at least to start. I don’t really get it: once you’ve had the luxury of carrying all your music with you, it’s painful to go otherwise.

I’ve never had a player that could carry all of my music. Now that I have an 8GB player with a 32GB card, which IIRC ends up giving me about 37GB usable, I kinda wish I had saved for an extra week or two last winter and got the 64GB Touch instead of the 32GB.

In all fairness, I wouldn’t necessarily want to carry all of my music around…some if it I only listen to once in a blue moon. But each time I fill up a newer, larger capacity player, there ends up being a couple of things I can’t fit on there. If I had gotten the 64GB, I would have room for all I wanted to carry, still with room to add more, and have room for apps.

So, bring on the SDXC cards, I guess, since I’m not going to buy a new Touch every year.:stuck_out_tongue:

There is a true joy in knowing that all of your music is in your pocket, and that whatever song of yours you might be thinking of, you then can play.   ;^)